Josh McGuire Injury Update

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Injury Update: Josh McGuire

Mon 30 Apr 2018, 12:50 PM
JOSH McGuire has visited the surgeon this morning for an assessment on his ankle injury and the results are positive.
As expected, he will not require surgery on his joint after damaging his anterior ligament in the win over the Rabbitohs.
There was no damage to his previously-ruptured Achilles tendon.
"The good news is Josh does not require any surgery and he will now undergo a normal rehabilitation," said Broncos' High Performance Manager Jeremy Hickmans.
"We expect this would keep him out football for a maximum of six weeks, but with a successful rehab period there is hope of an even earlier return."

Source: https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2018/04/30/injury-update-josh-mcguire2/

That's good, should still play Origin 1 hopefully.

NRL Physio gave him a 3-6 week timeline.

I imagine we'll see him back in 3 weeks.

That's good, should still play Origin 1 hopefully.
I'd rather he never and was given a chance to fully heal. I'd hate to put him in the origin arena and see the extra pressure cause further damage that might see him drop out for the whole season.

I'd rather he never and was given a chance to fully heal. I'd hate to put him in the origin arena and see the extra pressure cause further damage that might see him drop out for the whole season.

The article says a maximum of 6 weeks, that's around Origin time anyway.

The article says a maximum of 6 weeks, that's around Origin time anyway.

Clubs have a bad habit of forgetting player welfare when the injury is almost good.

I'd rather he be rested for 4-5 weeks, get fully fit, miss origin, and be 100% right for us

We need him more than QLD does

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • jarro65
  • ozzball
  • broncos4life
  • Gaz
  • Dexter
  • Morepudding
  • Allo
  • Strop
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • phoenix
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • johnny plath
  • Broncosgirl
  • dasherhalo
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.