OFFICIAL Michael Maguire Appointed Head Coach

Wasn’t Walters on a heavily incentive based contract that could see him make a fortune with good results but he sacked with a minimum payout? Can’t see him walking away with a mil.

He had two years left and a month of this year, I would think for nearly all NRL coaches at a minimum that would be close to a million.

If you accept the sacking- then you can't accept the extension. The extension that just cost another million dollars.

I am not a CEO but the way the Broncos just hand out million dollars every two years to the sacked coach can't be great business and now whatever they're paying Madge as well on top of the payout gets added to the bill.

Wouldn't there be clauses in the contract.

eg: Has to win a certain amount of games etc. Be in the top 8 by a certain round etc.

Wouldn't there be clauses in the contract.

eg: Has to win a certain amount of games etc. Be in the top 8 by a certain round etc.

I am not too sure, on the back of the Grand Final and extension in May maybe not as many.

If you accept the sacking- then you can't accept the extension. The extension that just cost another million dollars.

I am not a CEO but the way the Broncos just hand out million dollars every two years to the sacked coach can't be great business and now whatever they're paying Madge as well on top of the payout gets added to the bill.
I have to ask are you kevs right hand man... where has it been released that we're paying out another million dollars?? Some reports say sacked.. some say walked away... who knows what the termination deal was... maybe didn't meet kpis so legitimate termination.. or maybe a handshake and a sweetener.. public sure as shit knows nothing... and if you're an insider your lips are loose as.

In 2023 the Broncos made the Grand Final. The point I was making that on the biggest stage, Reynolds struggled even when he was playing some of his best ever football, so after an injury plagued season and in the twilight of his career, why are we to believe he'll find another gear?

And that's just one season, Madge needs to worry about 2026/27 and I strongly doubt that Reynolds will be available for those seasons so he'll need to find a suitable replacement.

I'd be looking at changes in the backline, the forward formation and the bench. I'm not necessarily concerned about specifics because it's Madge's team and not mine, but give me an indication that this is your team and you're not trying to coach somebody elses' like Seibold fell into.

I think this is a very negative mindset tbh mate, give the bloke a fair go and trial. I have faith in Madge finding solutions. Maybe black comes in and develops well under Reynolds this year or mam steps up who knows, could even see Walsh go into a half role. Glad you aren’t coaching broncos because you’re not very inspiring.

I'm hopeful Madge can get some decent improvement from Hunt, Kobe, Riki and Piakura.
Even Goz could become a useful benchy given a simple game plan to stick to.
I think our attacking improvement will come across rlthe board from structure and simplifying/defining roles.
A proper preseason and less errors will help our D no end.
Top 4 result for mine is very achievable.

I have to ask are you kevs right hand man... where has it been released that we're paying out another million dollars?? Some reports say sacked.. some say walked away... who knows what the termination deal was... maybe didn't meet kpis so legitimate termination.. or maybe a handshake and a sweetener.. public sure as shit knows nothing... and if you're an insider your lips are loose as.

Experience tells us Seibold got 1.5 million and pushed for two to leave. I’ve never heard of a coach walking away with nothing with two years left. You’d have the worst manger ever.

Assuming Broncos have tightened up a bit since Seibold and two years left on his contract, club legend who they don’t want to upset or embarrass I think million would be easily arrived at and remember they said about an on- going ambassador role.

Which of course impacts the soft cap for Madge now too, another reason these payouts and sacking coaches has to stop.

Experience tells us Seibold got 1.5 million and pushed for two to leave. I’ve never heard of a coach walking away with nothing with two years left. You’d have the worst manger ever.

Assuming Broncos have tightened up a bit since Seibold and two years left on his contract, club legend who they don’t want to upset or embarrass I think million would be easily arrived at and remember they said about an on- going ambassador role.

Which of course impacts the soft cap for Madge now too, another reason these payouts and sacking coaches has to stop.
So you don't know.. just guessing making shit up

You maybe right but I would suggest the reported KPI’s and performance clauses in his contract would impact his monetary entitlements as well as his right to continue as head coach.
Both of those would have looked on the poorer side towards the end, sadly.

was
You maybe right but I would suggest the reported KPI’s and performance clauses in his contract would impact his monetary entitlements as well as his right to continue as head coach.
Both of those would have looked on the poorer side towards the end, sadly.

Seibold got 1.5, Griffin got 1.6 from Panthers, Arthurs got 800k for his one year left.

Broncos paid out everyone else, Henjak, Griffin, Bennett and Seibs.

If you’re giving Seibs 1.5 you’d be a complete knob to not give Kev million!

was

Seibold got 1.5, Griffin got 1.6 from Panthers, Arthurs got 800k for his one year left.

Broncos paid out everyone else, Henjak, Griffin, Bennett and Seibs.

If you’re giving Seibs 1.5 you’d be a complete knob to not give Kev million!
I suspect you are on the money but not sure why you care or why it's a problem.
It's a part of the business if you cut ties with a contracted coach.

I suspect you are on the money but not sure why you care or why it's a problem.
It's a part of the business if you cut ties with a contracted coach.

Isn’t it relevant in a discussion about sacking a coach and if a front office is conducting good business? Isn’t it topical in the last seven days for the Broncos? Broncos have now paid their last three coaches to not work for them if your discussing the Broncos management or board I find that relevant.

If he quit as has been reported he shouldn't receive a cent. If he was fired for misconduct ie screaming at everyone that didn't kiss hiss ass he shouldn't receive a cent either.

Isn’t it relevant in a discussion about sacking a coach and if a front office is conducting good business? Isn’t it topical in the last seven days for the Broncos? Broncos have now paid their last three coaches to not work for them if your discussing the Broncos management or board I find that relevant.
Yes it has some relevance but you seem to be very invested in that aspect.
I don't have an issue with it as I can see the logic in all of these decisions.
Seibs getting a 5 year contract was the only decision I thought was odd.
Kev was extended at a time when it was a solid decision.
Kevs departure was also, IMO, made in the best interest of the club.

Have been a foundation member since the club started and utterly hate the idea of a ring in NSW mercenary coach who is not heart and soul invested in Brisbane. Absolute disgrace the way Kevvy has been treated. I’m so disgusted in this choice it makes me want to spit. I would have preferred a local choice like the Walker brothers

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Reds2011
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • Redfern_1980
  • Dazza 92
  • Waynesaurus
  • Manofoneway
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fatboy
  • Skyblues87
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.