Junior Kiwis vs Junior Roos

Gutherson throws a nice ball to Holmes who did well to beat the tackle of Peni and score in the corner.

Gutherson from the corner...misses comfortably.

14 all

56 gone.

Gutherson comes up with a good try saving tackle.

Still 14 all.

9 remaining.

Australians receive a penalty for a head high on Mamo.

Matterson throws a silly offload and nobody bothers to try and come up with it.

Now the Kiwis receive a penalty.

Asofa-Solomona charges towards the line, looks to get the ball down but has the ball stripped.

Aussies work it out, but Hutchinson decides to go for a chip kick on the half-way that Kodi returns with ease.

Kiwis on the attack with 3 and a half remaining.

Dochar-Clay goes for a field goal 30m out...it misses.

Aussie 20m restart.

Aussies make good ground, Gutherson's attempt at field goal goes wide.

Kiwis with the last chance here.

Te Maire Martin nails the field goal.

Junior Kiwis 15-14.

Lisone cleans up Matterson with a bad hit.

Aussies could kick a penalty goal after full-time.

Last edited:
Gutherson lines the goal kick up.

40m out..directly infront...

Gutherson...misses it.

Junior Kiwis 15 (Manulelua, Peni, Nikorima tries; Dochar-Clay 1/3 goals, Martin Field Goal) defeat Junior Kangaroos 14 (Holmes 2, Mamo tries; Gutherson 1/4 goals).

Fun game in tough conditions. Better side won but the Aussies hung in despite doing themselves very little favours through out the evening. Was a really good forward battle on show and from a Broncos perspective I was happy with the performances from Ofahengaue and Nikorima - I thought they were stand outs for their respective sides.

Last edited:
Exciting game to watch. Passion galore both sides. I feel for Gutherson; he was gutted!

Should've been a much bigger score for the Kiwis. Horrible stuff from the Aussies, who just couldn't cope with the miserable conditions and kept making mistake after mistake...

Gutherson saved a try, but he was otherwise pretty much horrible and essentially gifted the Kiwis their win.

As far as Broncos go, Ofa and Greinke did the job while on the field, especially the first was his usual self.

Fun game in tough conditions. Better side won but the Aussies hung in despite doing themselves very little favours through out the evening. Was a really good forward battle on show and from a Broncos perspective I was happy with the performances from Ofahengaue and Nikorima - I thought they were stand outs for their respective sides.

Agree pretty much agree with all you've said. Kiwis definitely deserved the win possibly because of the wet conditions.

Last edited:
Didn't think much of Greinke tbh.

Just got through a bit of defence but wasn't exactly dominant in that department either.

that was an excellent game to watch. I'm stunned by how quick Mamo was. i'm betting that he'll be a regular for Newcastle next year if he wasn't already this year

Didn't think much of Greinke tbh.

Just got through a bit of defence but wasn't exactly dominant in that department either.
Not much he could do other than that, given the amount of defense Australia was doing through their own mistakes. But he was solid in the period he came in and at least didn't make any mistakes.

Nikorima did quite well at the back for the Kiwis and his try was very nicely set-up and finished off.

Active Now

• marw
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manofoneway
  • Organix
  • Fozz
  • kiwibronco
  • HarryAllan7
  • davidp
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.