Just not gonna be cricket

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 52,00.html

😢 😢 😢 😢 😢 😢 😢 😢 😢 😢 😢
What are we gonna do with out you Richie?

You've been a fine institution in this country!
[eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoah, that is sad news. :cry:

We have one more season with the great man next year and that's it! I could handle listening to the other twats knowing that Benaud was just on a break...but now...sigh...Grieg will be the man - ARGH!!!!

mrslong said:
We have one more season with the great man next year and that's it! I could handle listening to the other twats knowing that Benaud was just on a break...but now...sigh...Grieg will be the man - ARGH!!!!
you beauty ...about time !!!.......bring in warney i say [icon_razz1

Had to happen one day. Frankly I think he'd be a bit put off by some of the low brow jokes some of the other commentators churn out during commentary these days.

He has been crap for years I won't miss him at all, I listen to the radio team when I watch the cricket they are all far more insightful and funny.

One of the greats, will be missed in many lounge rooms across the country. To quote the 12th Man, Richie Benaud and the cricket and Channel 9 it just feels right. It fits like an old pair of jeans [icon_lol1.

I vote get rid of Tony Greig and Ian Chappell as well.

Ian Chappell is the only good one! At least he has an opinion and isn't too PC or scared to express it.

But Chappell tends to repeatedly ram a point down our throats.

Lawry for some reason has been openly bagging the Aussies out.

Greigy is Greigy.

Healy and Taylor are good for the tactical and technical side of things.

Slater meh.

Nicholas somehow makes any moment special regardless of the nation playing.

Gilly and Warney did alright in the short stints so far.

BUT nothing will ever replace a classic Richie one liner

I agree with Coxy, it had to happen one day, just a shame in the end.

What a glittering career he had both on and off the field. Will go down as one of the all time greats of the game in the world, not just Australia.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Ian Chappell is the only good one! At least he has an opinion and isn't too PC or scared to express it.

Please! As Browny said, he has a single opinion and will repeat it during every stint he has during a match - even if it's a Test.

Fcuk I hate the dick!

Coxy said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:

Please! As Browny said, he has a single opinion and will repeat it during every stint he has during a match - even if it's a Test.

Fcuk I hate the dick!

I don't especially like the guy but like the fact he always speaks his mind much like Gus does. As I said I listen to the radio with the TV on mute when I watch cricket anyway.

Yeh like when he made the point that Phil Jacques's bat is too heavy for him. How the **** would he know? Liked Slater's reply - he's been playin cricket for years and now he's at the highest level and you reckon he'd make the mistake of having a bat that's too heavy for him?

Why is that such a ridiculous comment, the guy is a former great Australian batsman who has some coaching experience to boot. If he thinks someones bat is too heavy he is entitled to the opinion at least he made one. Of course Slater defended Jacques, has he ever said a bad word about Clarke, Jacques, P.Hughes, MacGill, McGrath basically any NSW'men that isn't Steve Waugh.

No Jeb and Slater are right, allegiances aside. Jacques wouldn't have made it to Test level if he was using a bat that was too heavy for him to use. He certainly wouldn't have scored a Test century or two as he has in his brief career.

Ian Chappell just pulls shit out of his arse, shoves it in his mouth and spits it into the microphone. Graphic, but true.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Why is that such a ridiculous comment, the guy is a former great Australian batsman who has some coaching experience to boot. If he thinks someones bat is too heavy he is entitled to the opinion at least he made one. Of course Slater defended Jacques, has he ever said a bad word about Clarke, Jacques, P.Hughes, MacGill, McGrath basically any NSW'men that isn't Steve Waugh.

Did Chappell have reasons?

Hammo said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:

Did Chappell have reasons?

why does Chappell need to defend himself for having an opinion and if he does indeed need to show cause for said opinion, can you explain why you have an unhealthy obsession with a happily married woman?

He thought Jacques was coming late down on full pitched deliveries and was getting edges and mistiming the ball.

Unread

Active Now

• TonyTheJugoslav
  • Galah
  • Wolfie
  • simplythebest
  • Old Mate
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • RolledOates
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.