Just not gonna be cricket

Yes, but the more accurate argument would be that Jacques is a NSW noob with no clue.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Why is that such a ridiculous comment, the guy is a former great Australian batsman who has some coaching experience to boot. If he thinks someones bat is too heavy he is entitled to the opinion at least he made one. Of course Slater defended Jacques, has he ever said a bad word about Clarke, Jacques, P.Hughes, MacGill, McGrath basically any NSW'men that isn't Steve Waugh.

And Jacques graduated through some of the best coaches in modern day Australian cricket, do you really think they wouldn't have noticed if he was struggling with a bat that was too heavy for him? And do you think Jacques wouldn't have noticed himself? I remember that match and I was sitting in front of the TV in disbelief at the arrogance and knowitallism of the biggest tosser in Australian sports commentary (Gould, Daley included).

Well said Jeb. But remember, Chappell thinks coaches are oxygen thieves who serve no purpose in international cricket. So all those "best modern coaches" are idiots.

Coxy said:
Well said Jeb. But remember, Chappell thinks coaches are oxygen thieves who serve no purpose in international cricket. So all those "best modern coaches" are idiots.

Oh that's right - forgot. John Buchanan deserves no credit for QLD's first Sheffield Shield win (and another one after that) and Australia's dominance after he took over in 1999, world-record 16 consecutive Test match victories, winning in India after not having won there in nearly 40 years, couple of World Cups as well.

Chappelli is only good on the 12th Man.

How can you listen to the radio and say it's better when they've got just as idiotic dudes like Kerry O'Keefe...argh!

and I'm with Coxy on his opinion on Chapelli. He's a wanker who can't let his own career go.

I do agree with BB_neighbour though, Shane Warne is great. Hahaha. and Gilly too.

Oi don't knock Kerry O'Keefe! He's awesome!

Jim Maxwell...tosser.
Peter Roebuck...oxygen thief.
Drew Morphett...god damn shut up!

Chappell's constant throwbacks to "how it was done in the 70s" are as boring as all hell - generally conveyed via a dead fish personality and lasting his entire spell in the comm box.

What summed up Chappelli for me was a moment last season where he commented, and then continued to rant about, how a particular batsmen performed some kind of cricketing sin by taking his gloves off first AND THEN tucking his bat under his arm after being dismissed. Whats more, he took his gloves off in the wrong order!

If anything, he should probably stick to media of the printed variety and let Birmingham deal with the audio. Friends, C*nts, Romanrymen - lend me your ears...

Wish they'd sacked him when he dropped the F bomb on a live telecast during the 1993 Ashes tour...

Listening to Kerry O'Keefe is like nails down a black board in my ears.

mrslong said:
Listening to Kerry O'Keefe is like nails down a black board in my ears.

His jokes are awesome icon_thumbs_u [icon_drun

Best Kerry comment Ive heard and now use"Any fluid hydrates" referring to him being half cut doing the commentary

I love Kerry O'Keefes laugh! Seriously sounds like Mutley hyperventilating!

O'Keefe is brilliant, not only is he hilarious but is very smart too.

I have been dreading this moment for the last 20 years :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I love Ritchie.... cricket will never be the same again. It's almost as bad as when Steve Waugh retired [icon_wink

Thanks for the memories Ritchie - and thank you for Billy Birmingham for making him even cooler 8-)

bronco_babe77 said:
I have been dreading this moment for the last 20 years :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I love Ritchie.... cricket will never be the same again. It's almost as bad as when Steve Waugh retired [icon_wink

Thanks for the memories Ritchie - and thank you for Billy Birmingham for making him even cooler 8-)

wtf are you for real :shock:

You weird non-cricket people just don't understand.... :P

bronco_babe77 said:
You weird non-cricket people just don't understand.... :P

cricket smicket .............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I haven't been dreading it for 20 years, but it's certainly been in the back of my mind over the past few seasons...

sigh.

mark nicholas is apparently the heir apparent? Argh, someone who's never played International cricket, he couldn't even make the English side. ARGGGGHHH!

mrslong said:
I haven't been dreading it for 20 years, but it's certainly been in the back of my mind over the past few seasons...

sigh.

mark nicholas is apparently the heir apparent? Argh, someone who's never played International cricket, he couldn't even make the English side. ARGGGGHHH!

i cant believe you care so much ...... :shock:

Unread

Active Now

• simplythebest
  • Old Mate
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • RolledOates
  • Wolfie
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.