Just when you thought NSW couldn't get an more embarrasing

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/inside-mail-home-of-all-the-hottest-nrl-news-and-gossip/news-story/77a696a20a677c78c41a60983296ec89

Third story down.

Could they be any more pathetic? Really, they win 1 series in 9 and they have to get rings made to mark the occasion? Says so much about the whole attitude of their players and their culture down there. Its no wonder they have had a decade of failure.

The courier mail is a disgrace of a paper

Can't see the article, getting the old subscribe message. Could someone please put it up or tell me the jist of it.

Here it is mate, from the courier mail.

[FONT=&quot]BLUES Origin players had diamond rings made to celebrate their breakthrough 2014 series win.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]They spent thousands of dollars for a memento of the two games they won to finally snap Queensland’s eight-year Origin domination.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Inside Mail spotted a former Blues player wearing one of the rings in the lead-up to Origin III.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A leading Maroons player couldn’t contain his laughter when told of the rings.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The rings encompass the NSW Origin logo and are surrounded by a number of diamonds.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Instead of the Blues logo they should have a photo of Cooper Cronk.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cronk broke his arm just 10 minutes into Game One of 2014 at Suncorp Stadium which NSW went on to win 12-8.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Queensland’s halfback missed Origin II at ANZ Stadium which the Blues won 6-4 to clinch the series for the first time since 2005.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When Cronk returned for the dead-rubber Queensland won 32-8, scoring more points than the Blues did in the entire series.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If the Maroons got rings made after every series win then Johnathan Thurston, Nate Myles, Cameron Smith and Sam Thaiday wouldn’t have any spare fingers as they have been part of 10 series wins in the past 11 years.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Their bank accounts would also be a lot lighter.[/FONT]

Funny they don't want to talk about that incredible defensive effort where QLD had a million chances to win, they don't want to talk about that magnificent performance by Hayne in that game, or how NSW players played injured (Watmough and the twins), how they pumped DCE up as a future QLD star but he didn't deliver. QLD just weren't good enough.

God those idiot journos would quit if i was coaching NSW. I would just give it to them non stop.

Funny they don't want to talk about that incredible defensive effort where QLD had a million chances to win, they don't want to talk about that magnificent performance by Hayne in that game, or how NSW players played injured (Watmough and the twins), how they pumped DCE up as a future QLD star but he didn't deliver. QLD just weren't good enough.

God those idiot journos would quit if i was coaching NSW. I would just give it to them non stop.

They had rings made.

After ONE series win in NINE years. ONE!!!!!!

Whats not to laugh at :o_o:

They had rings made.

After ONE series win in NINE years. ONE!!!!!!

Whats not to laugh at :o_o:

You you two headed freak

At least we turn up every year

Queensland wanted to give up in 2005

Last edited:
You you two headed freak

I don't think we wanted to give up, i think it was more NSW thinking they were unbeatable.

You you two headed freak

When did QLD say they wanted to give up?

Last edited:
I can see why it would be considered silly, but it's cool to see the Blues cherish the win that much.

Origin would be boring if only one state cared. Having both invested as much as they are makes for a more exciting spectacle.

Bman, if you're going to engage in an argument, I would personally appreciate it if you would employ some basic logic.

I'm not worried at all, I do have 2 heads. The concern would be if you had only 1....or perhaps 3.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.