NEWS Justin Hodges to retire from Rep Footy

At season's end. So he's planning to be here at least another year then.

Would be nice if it was effective immediately, but I can understand wanting to win the shield back one last time.

About time.

The constant injuries really show the workload is too heavy for him.

Awesome decision Hodgo ... Thankyou

If it means giving it to Norman more often I'm all for it.
Seriously though, he's chosen the right time and the right thing to do by the club, it shows he's serious about being our captain.

Seems like the perfect time. Best decision for everyone involved.

Very good decision, the strain of representative football has been taking a toll on him for the last couple of years. Well done for your service in the Green and Gold Hodgo.

It's definitely the right decision to retire at the end of this year.

I'm genuinely not even sure if retiring from rep footy will help prolong his career at all, one more bad injury and his career is likely done.

I'd be pretty surprised if he has a healthy season next year, it just doesn't seem possible at this point.

Hodges retiring from Rep Football in 2016

Already posted, ignore

Last edited:
Hodgeo has been excluded from the Test side.

Has he retired from the Aussie side already?

I'm genuinely not even sure if retiring from rep footy will help prolong his career at all, one more bad injury and his career is likely done.

I'd be pretty surprised if he has a healthy season next year, it just doesn't seem possible at this point.

I don't think it is about prolonging his career though. like Hodgo says in the article, it is about focussing and committing to the Broncos exclusively. So if he injures himself again or breaks down he is doing it while trying to help the Broncos win.

Hodgeo has been excluded from the Test side.

Has he retired from the Aussie side already?

No, he said in the presser last night that this is his last chance to play a test. He's either been overlooked because of the most recent injury or Sheens just doesn't want him any more. Either way i hope he gets a chance to play origin and go out a winner this year.

Really disappointed in the selection to be honest, I think NZ will win. Dog act on behalf of tim sheens and co. To not include hodges. After what he's done for Australia. That aus team should of been.
1. Slater
2. Chambers
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. Johnston
6. Thurston
7. Hunt
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Woods
11. Scott
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Hunt
15. Tamou
16. Merrin
17. McG
18. Papalii
19. Jennings
20. DCE

Really disappointed in the selection to be honest, I think NZ will win. Dog act on behalf of tim sheens and co. To not include hodges. After what he's done for Australia. That aus team should of been.
1. Slater
2. Chambers
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. Johnston
6. Thurston
7. Hunt
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Woods
11. Scott
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Hunt
15. Tamou
16. Merrin
17. McG
18. Papalii
19. Jennings
20. DCE

Not sure if Hunt is good enough to be in the starting line-up and on the bench!

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Fitzy
  • Evander
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • Fozz
  • broncotville
  • GCBRONCO
  • Midean
  • Justwin
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.