Kahu and Glenn to re-sign

Two fucking great signings , especially Kahu , it locks up our goal kicking duties

"Speculation was rife Warriors coach Steve Kearney was eyeing off "

You know what? **** this fucking ass clown.

Just **** off.

Professional orgs have non-compete agreements when they let go good staff.

When ass wipe staff go - they should get the non-compete plus **** right off with a dash of get fucked.

"Speculation was rife Warriors coach Steve Kearney was eyeing off "

You know what? **** this fucking ass clown.

Just **** off.

Professional orgs have non-compete agreements when they let go good staff.

When ass wipe staff go - they should get the non-compete plus **** right off with a dash of get fucked.

Absolutely. We should never have been in the running to get Boyd back.

Because Thaiday is shit in the middle

Is he really, though?

He filled the void McGuire left when he got injured in 2015. He was consistently good there.

The biggest problem I think why he wasn't good in other years is because he was lazy. But Bennett fired a rocket up his ass and he pulled his head out.

I mean, he dominated an International prop that was bigger and better than him.

I hate to say it but it might be time to let sam know, this might be his last season. I just get the impression, the days of him being a top flight consistant second rower may be drawing to an end, and there are options that if not now, then certainly by next season will be capable of filling the whole he might leave. He has been a great player and at this moment continúes to be, but the consistancies of performance is becoming less certain, the last few seasons. His mentoring of the young forwards will be invaluable this season, but next year, i think we can move on.

I think you could be right there. :glasscageofemotion: Hopefully he feels it and chooses to go out on his own terms.

Wouldn't it have stopped him leaving in the first place though?

Ooooooh you're right. I want Nick Emmett back too then. OH AND PETER WALLACE!!!

I love the fact we are resigning Kahu great goal kicker solid winger. A few years back I never thought I would say this but we shouldn't be seeing him in our near future. We have some great jrs coming through Sua, Haas, Pangai jr, Fai, I wouldn't want any them to be pushed out.

I love the fact we are resigning Kahu great goal kicker solid winger. A few years back I never thought I would say this but we shouldn't be seeing him in our near future. We have some great jrs coming through Sua, Haas, Pangai jr, Fai, I wouldn't want any them to be pushed out.
I'm guessing you're talking about Glenn??

If so we only signed him for 2 years on relatively low money. He doesn't really affect Haas or fai as they're props and Haas is like 17 at the moment.

TPJ is already in the team and doesn't appear to be losing minutes to Glenn

The only major concern is sua but I believe we locked him down last year. He's also still young but could grab the bench spot off Glenn.

There is also Sammy's impending retirement and you can't just replace experienced veterans with juniors and expect the same results.

I don't think signing Glenn for what we got him for is too much of an issue with how young those juniors are. The transition will happen but doesn't need to happen as soon as next year

I get this feeling that Glenn will get surpassed by a number of players by some point next year. Certainly Pangai and Ese'ese.
Ese'Ese is a front rower, Pangai doesn't seem to have the fitness to play big minutes and likely won't be anything more than a 30 minute impact player for a few years yet. Glenn is incredibly solid and very reliable. I think 400k is an absolute bargain for him. Same goes for Kahu, he is becoming a match winner with his kicking accuracy and his ability to slot field goals with either foot is very helpful.

You must remember, in the next 2 years, Blair and Thaiday will both likely have retired. Pangai and Ese'Ese are far more likely to be replacing them than Glenn, he will be there as a leader and has always shown his leadership as occasional fill in captain, and also captain of the under 20s back in the day. I think he would be one of the more popular players at the club, especially with the Kiwi contingent.

I hate to say it but it might be time to let sam know, this might be his last season. I just get the impression, the days of him being a top flight consistant second rower may be drawing to an end, and there are options that if not now, then certainly by next season will be capable of filling the whole he might leave. He has been a great player and at this moment continúes to be, but the consistancies of performance is becoming less certain, the last few seasons. His mentoring of the young forwards will be invaluable this season, but next year, i think we can move on.

I agree with this. He still offers something in attack and can bring some aggression in defence, but he has slowed down and defending on the edge with milford has often allowed players to run past him. I feel much safer defencively when Glenn is on that edge, just for the extra pace more than anything. If it wasn't for having props in such good form like Sims and Ese'Ese I think Sam should spend more time in the middle of the field where speed is less important.

I think he is signed until the end of next year, But I wouldn't be upset if he decided to pull the plug this season, allow Glenn to be starting second rower for a couple seasons, and begin the transition with either Oates in second row, or Sua and the like.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Gaz
  • broncos4life
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncoscope
  • BroncosMan
  • YeahNahMate
  • Howie
  • Redfern_1980
  • Redux
  • Hurrijo
  • winslow_wong
  • MrTickyMcG
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • Financeguy
  • bert_lifts
  • Jedhead
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.