Kangaroos squad for Tests against NZ and Tonga

Luke Keary will replace Cameron Munster if he is suspended.

Woods has been good this year. Kaufusi is the real shit pick.

While McGuire is an incumbent, he almost feels like a token Broncos selection. His worst year by a mile

Does anyone else think if Lodge's backstory doesn't happen he makes this team?
I'd happily have Lodge in the team over RCG, Woods and Moose.

Does anyone else think if Lodge's backstory doesn't happen he makes this team?
I'd happily have Lodge in the team over RCG, Woods and Moose.

I'd prefer he didn't. I don't think players should be rushed into the Australian side after 1 real season. In fact, I think they need to play Origin first, as that should be the logical progression.

I hope Lodge stays with us and makes it eventually, but I just hate players being rushed into the Australian side like that.

I'd prefer he didn't. I don't think players should be rushed into the Australian side after 1 real season. In fact, I think they need to play Origin first, as that should be the logical progression.

I hope Lodge stays with us and makes it eventually, but I just hate players being rushed into the Australian side like that.
Agreed. However, we have always rushed players in. RCG, McClean and Shannon Boyd have all been thrown in on the back of less impressive seasons imo

The Australian team should always be picked on who is playing the best at that time. How do you feel about Cook being selected at hooker after one good season over someone like McCullough, Friend or Peats who have played pretty good for years?

The Australian team should always be picked on who is playing the best at that time. How do you feel about Cook being selected at hooker after one good season over someone like McCullough, Friend or Peats who have played pretty good for years?

Cook has played more than 1 season and played Origin. So I'm fine with him.

I'd suggest the first 17 will be something like:

1. Tedesco
2. Turbo
3. Inglis (c)
4. Mitchell
5. Holmes
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. RCG
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. McGuire

14. Hunt
15. Jurbo
16. McLean
17. Peachey

Something seems wrong with this side, I'm not sure what it is but something feels off. Kaufusi shouldn't be there and where is Gagai??

Should be something like this based on the season. We are ridiculously short on good props
1 Tedesco
2 Oates
3 Mitchell
4 Inglis (c)
5 Holmes
6 Milford
7 Cherry-Evans
8 Klemmer
9 Cook
10 Campbell-Gillard
11 Cordner
12 Frizell
13 McGuire

14 Ponga
15 Lodge
16 Aarow
17 Papalii

18 Roberts
19 de Belin

Last edited:
Cook has played more than 1 season and played Origin. So I'm fine with him.
But he's been pretty average and struggled to keep his spot for most of those seasons. He's had one good and earned his spot. I'd agree that Lodge should wait if we weren't settling for blokes like Woods and RCG who are more known for their hair than being props who run hard

One Bronco, and it's not even one of the better ones this year.

Hey Mal, EAD?

No Broncos really deserved to be there ahead of others. Milford, maybe.

Can't believe McGuire made it TBH. I thought he was fairly average for us this year.

Last edited:
Woods had a pretty good year considering how shit he was at the Bulldogs, still averaged 14 runs for 140 metres a game and extremely efficient defensive work with one of the better offloads in the game. On the flip side i think Campbell-Gillard is probably the most overrated prop in the game, I could name 10 guys I'd have ahead of him.

If I were picking the team based purely on who I think would objectively would win us the game by the biggest margin -

1. Tedesco
2. Holmes
3. Inglis
4. Mitchell
5. Trbojevic
6. Keary
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. McLean
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Trbojevic

14. Munster
15. Papalii
16. Lodge
17. Woods

NEW ZEALAND SQUAD

Leeson Ah Mau (St. George-Illawarra Dragons), Gerard Beale (New Zealand Warriors), Adam Blair (New Zealand Warriors), Jesse Bromwich (Melbourne Storm), Kenneath Bromwich (Melbourne Storm), James Fisher-Harris (Penrith Panthers), Corey Harawira-Naera (Penrith Panthers), Jahrome Hughes (Melbourne Storm), Jamayne Isaako (Brisbane Broncos), Shaun Johnson (New Zealand Warriors), Issac Liu (Sydney Roosters), Joseph Manu (Sydney Roosters), Esan Marsters (Wests Tigers), Ken Maumalo (New Zealand Warriors), Kodi Nikorima (Brisbane Broncos), Isaiah Papali'i (New Zealand Warriors), Kevin Proctor (Gold Coast Titans), Jordan Rapana (Canberra Raiders), Brandon Smith (Melbourne Storm), Joseph Tapine (Canberra Raiders), Martin Tapau (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles), Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (Sydney Roosters), Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (Penrith Panthers) — Coach: Michael Maguire

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Brocko
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Allo
  • barker
  • marw
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Old Mate
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Organix
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • johnny plath
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.