NEWS Karmichael Hunt to be added to Broncos squad

He will be available for selection next week against Parramatta in Darwin. He's training in the halves.

not according to @1910 and fox sports.

fox sports said he can't play until round 11 unless upgraded to a top 30 spot or given an exemption by the NRL

not according to @1910 and fox sports.

fox sports said he can't play until round 11 unless upgraded to a top 30 spot or given an exemption by the NRL
HScreenshot 2021 04 15 Pete Badel on Twitter

Will the NRL actually register a contract for him?? Given his couple of indiscretions while in the inferior codes.

Good signing. I just HOPE and PRAY when he plays that the team doesn't look so disjointed, clueless, unorganized and bereft of anything looking like a team like every other week but yes It'll take time I guess
If he can lead the team around, and they actually look like giving a f*ck, that'll go a long long way

If he can play next week he has to be in the top 30, if he's on a train and trial he can't play until after round 11.

I have seen both written and no confirmation which one is right.

Given his form- train and trial would be better. Give him a while to play with some form again and not awful.

A guy who was a questionable choice in the halves at his prime, now coming back in his mid 30s, while missing 40% of the tackles he’s attempted. What a terrible idea.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m here for the spectacle. I hope he lines up at 6 next week, because you can’t double lose a game but it’s a bold move and anyone pushing for it is very desperate.

A guy who was a questionable choice in the halves at his prime, now coming back in his mid 30s, while missing 40% of the tackles he’s attempted. What a terrible idea.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m here for the spectacle. I hope he lines up at 6 next week, because you can’t double lose a game but it’s a bold move and anyone pushing for it is very desperate.
We won the spoon last year and just sent our only marquee player back to reserve grade to be replaced by a fish John West rejected. We ARE that desperate.

HScreenshot 2021 04 15 Martin Lang on Twitter

OK is overplaying his defence, which by the stats has been woeful. Which might shock you if you're thinking of the old Karmichael Hunt, but not surprising for an ex-AFL/Rugby player. The caveat being his entire team's defence is woeful, so it might not be the complete picture.
Luckily for me I pretty much ignore stat's

His experience and leadership could be very valuable, he was going to be the Broncos captain after Locky if he stayed.

However, I've been watching him play and I haven't really been impressed, so can't say I like this one.

2021 was always going to be a whatever year.

So. Whatever.
Exactly this. I'll be interested in seeing KHunt back in a Bronco jersey because it's something I thought I'd never see again. His impact will be very minimal though as this is a young man's game. Bad teams make desperate decisions and this decision is nothing but a novelty act.

This would be a good move as he could show the young blokes how to run hard.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Brocko
  • Broncorob
  • Justwin
  • Sproj
  • Mighty Bronx
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncosAlways
  • IceWorks
  • Astro
  • pennywisealfie
  • Mr Fourex
  • Painin the Haas
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.