NEWS Karmichael Hunt wants back in

No chance he will play 1, he is a legit option to play right centre until Staggs is back.

If he provided literally nothing else, his communication from fullback would make this team immediately better.

I wouldn't be against Hunt coming back ... IF he can still handle fullback.

i'm actually pretty happy with our 2-5, so i wouldn't want Hunt to take any of those positions.

although, I still maintain that given time (which i know Broncos fans are not inclined to give him) Isaako could make a quality fullback (not elite, but quality nonetheless)

Last edited:

i'm actually pretty happy with our 2-5, so i wouldn't want Hunt to take any of those positions.

although, I still maintain that given time (which i know Broncos fans are not inclined to give him) Isaako could make a quality fullback (not elite, but quality nonetheless)

I agree with all of this except the Isaako bit, his hands are too fallible, they have long been unfortunately and there isn't much you can do to fix it once it is endemic, look at Oates and Milf, I am worried about Flegler going that way too.

People actually want this guy anywhere near the team let alone captain?

Let's get Tame Tupou back. Absolute fucking tank.

Hands were painted on, turning circle of the Titanic, but my word could he run over people.

Last edited:
When does he start playing Q Cup? I’m definitely interested in how he goes.

Isaako hasn't been great but I think people are looking for an answer that isn't there. I've fallen into this trap too due to how desperate we are for a win. But isaako hasnt been shocking, and was actually ok in the 1st game. He's not our long term option but I don't think its an emergency to get him out of the team. Hes one of many problems and he isn't the biggest by a long way, at least he's safe under the high ball and can be a handful at times.

If Hunt can still defend anything like he did, he wouldn't be bad as a bench utility, who can cover every back line position including the halves and dummy half. He doesn't need to be as fast as he was but if he's "slow" or unfit, forget about him altogether. He's played five eighth and halfback for us before and centre in rugby. It would be interesting to see what he could bring as relief dummy half. It would also be interesting to see how he looks besides Milford. I'm betting not slow or a turnstile. But rugby does breed lazy habits and traditionally anyone who returns has an uphill battle with fitness.

The thing that stood out the most about Hunt is he was hard as ****.

Last edited:
I’m as desperate as anyone but come on

Last edited:
When does he start playing Q Cup? I’m definitely interested in how he goes.
2PM. You can catch it here if you create a 9now account or on Kayo if you've got that.

EDIT: Apparently it's a "Freebie" on Kayo so even if you haven't currently got an active sub, might still be able to watch it.

Last edited:
If he gets a spot here he knows he ain’t winning shit or even making finals before retirement, he is looking for one final payday before oblivion. If he signs with us we Aquire another plodder, nothing more. Pass on him.

Active Now

• Reds2011
  • ezpz
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Aldo
  • Cavalo
  • Gaz
  • Robboi_321
  • maddo
  • LGH
  • simplythebest
  • Tim K
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • sooticus
  • bert_lifts
  • mrtij
  • Broncosarethebest
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.