THE COACH Kevin Walters

Not sure where to ask but can someone provide the gist of CM article today that’s titled Walters’ Broncos summit to plot premiership revival

Basically he had a 45 minute meeting with the board where he presented the blueprint on how he's going to break the premiership drought and listed 3 key things as to why the Broncos shit the bed in the final rounds.

1. The players lacked the discipline to compete with the top 8 teams.
2. They lacked the mental toughness needed to be a premiership threat.
3. They got carried away with their mid-season form and thought they were better than they actually were.

He highlights fixing those to be the answer.

Interestingly, later in the article it's mentioned he has the financial scope to hire another assistant coach and he's exploring his options.

Basically he had a 45 minute meeting with the board where he presented the blueprint on how he's going to break the premiership drought and listed 3 key things as to why the Broncos shit the bed in the final rounds.

3. They got carried away with their mid-season form and thought they were better than they actually were.

Interestingly, later in the article it's mentioned he has the financial scope to hire another assistant coach and he's exploring his options.
Seems like a lot of responsibility shifting. What about
4. We need better defensive structures
5. We need to sign a first grade dummy half

It better be someone who knows how to create a defensive system.

Walters better of put in his blue print that he will actually make changes to the side if we arent winning. For example actually drop his son from the team if he isn't what we need.

Walters better of put in his blue print that he will actually make changes to the side if we arent winning. For example actually drop his son from the team if he isn't what we need.
To be honest, that should apply to 1-17 every week. No one should be entitled to spots each week. Everyone must put their asses on the one week in, week out if not, next man standing should be picked.

I could agree to that. You want to feel like you've deservedly made the finals, not scraping into 8th. If we scraped into 8th you could argue we haven't really improved cause we were in the same position this year (we just didn't shit the bed, which avoidance of shouldn't be seen as an achievement).

I found the wording in that to be ambiguous, tacked on and wonder if it's out of date since the Ballin promotion. That said, I think they could yet appoint at least one more lower level assistant. I would not be surprised to see a more recent ex player like Ryan James put on staff. But I think we'd all rather the next Bellamy.

Will people consider it a success next year if we make the 8, but have a worse win/loss record?

Will people consider it a success next year if we make the 8, but have a worse win/loss record?
I won't consider being knocked out in the first week of the finals a success. Even Seibold managed that.

I need to see our attack fire. I need to see us put some big margins on the better sides.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • jtupu17
  • Mustafur
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.