OFFICIAL Kevin Walters Steps Down As Broncos Coach

Just want you to know I'll be the first to congratulate you when the Roosters finally poach that one player we wanted to keep.
Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

A key point for me out of this is we aren't a basket case or there isn't the need for a full rebuild moving forward. As much negativity and the sky is falling down as there has been i genuinely think whoever takes over is walking into a squad that has the key ingredients to be a top 4 team.

The big let down in my eyes in 24 was our mid tier guys or our support acts. The Jordan Riki, Piakura, B Walters and Hetherington type guys. Our big name guys like Hass, Reynolds and Walsh, generally speaking spent alot of time on the sidelines but when on the field did their jobs.

By all reports, Kev wasn't the most technical coach and even captain Reynolds i think made a remark about the lack of simple structure when he came into the squad. Whether thats because Kev's idea of structure is really bad, he couldn't successfully transfer his idea of structure from his head to the field or he just didn't beleive in structure we'll probably never know. However I'm hoping whoever comes in, combined with the smarts of reynolds and other assistant coaches will put the right structures in place that are fit for the type of squad we have.

The game which the coaching staff really started to lose me was the second game against the roosters. Brisbane's credentials were starting to be questioned while the Roosters were proving to be the real deal. And Brisbane went out and showed zero respect for the opposition. Refused to do the hard work required to earn the right to throw the ball and looked like a team trying to take the easy way out. We need to be better coached then that.

I think there's a few obvious problems like lacking an aggressive forward and no back rowers with any punch. But again i don't think its anything that cant be fixed. It could be as simple as moving Hass to the second row which gives you an 80 minute second rower whos going to make you 150+ meters plus tighten your edge defence and moving Hetherington to starting middle rather then having 3 big bodies running on?

Anyway there's alot of water to go under the bridge but i think (pending who's appointed coach) there's real chance someone who pulls the right strings could take us to the next level.

funny thing is that walters had ikin at the club to help shoulder the load then whats tallis do? runs his mouth off and in my opinion belittles ikins role at the broncos gordon made his bed now he can sleep in it,did kevin no favors.
And Tallis did the same thing going after reyno & I’m telling you now that it would not have gone unnoticed by the players.

People are just re-writing history to bag the Broncos for anything and everything.
If they keep letting good players go from their system and signing duds instead, they are going to be bagged by everyone and rightly so…

Seem to have a dose of the Kev’s lately. Any criticism and it’s time to lash out…

Heard on the news earlier, that Langer is shook about Kevvie & is taking a break or something like that.

Can't find a link

Spare the the dramatics.

Heard on the news earlier, that Langer is shook about Kevvie & is taking a break or something like that.

Can't find a link

Spare the the dramatics.
He's out of town on holiday, and declined to comment on his future.

/story

Not enough is being made of how useless the Chairman of the board is at our club. We've got clowns showing no respect to legends like Alfie yet happy to allow Karl Morris to keep his position. He is the ultimate Termite.

That’s what happens when News owns majority share, they install who they like

Active Now

• Tristan1990
  • davidp
  • eggstar10
  • Gaz
  • The Strapper
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • Dexter
  • Justwin
  • Xzei
  • heartly87
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncs1459
  • mitch222
  • Mr Fourex
  • maddo
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.