OFFICIAL Kevin Walters Steps Down As Broncos Coach

Not enough is being made of how useless the Chairman of the board is at our club. We've got clowns showing no respect to legends like Alfie yet happy to allow Karl Morris to keep his position. He is the ultimate Termite.

So you are surprised the chairman of the club...is allowing the chairman of the club...himself...to keep his own job?

Not a single person on here had heard of him or seen him play when he he went to Dolphins- people now saying they're massive Wynnum Colts fans and would have always signed him are talking such lies.
Well that's not true. I live 500mtrs from Kougari oval.
I was surprised they didn't give him a chance especially given his family connection.

There was so much emotion involved with Kev, and I get it. I felt it too. But I do honestly try and be as objective as possible (except when I’m joking). If you read through the early pages you can see how much thought I put into my opinions on Kev and how much I wanted it to work.

It’s not fair to act like it was just a vendetta against a club legend who replaced the worst coaching stint of all time. I had every motivation to want Kev to succeed but unfortunately saw cracks very early on.

I am now approaching our next coach in the same way. I’m trying to be reasonable about their strengths and weaknesses while also hoping for the best.

I don’t have a bias around Madge, good or bad. I am not super excited by him, but I also know he has some qualities that may work under the right circumstances. I will base my opinion on him, or whoever the next coach is, based on what I observe.
I'm super excited for Madge to be coming, if it happens.
I honestly believe these young guys need some leadership and will thrive under Madge.
Not to say he doesn't have his work cut out winning them over and not overdoing the intensity.
We have a premiership core which needs some toughness and a few bolt on edge backrowers.
I'm with Johns and believe we will win the comp in the next 2 years.

The media landscape has changed a lot since our glory days.
think the glory days had more to do with how many rep players we were allowed to field and less on who our chairman was,the anti broncos vitriol hasn't changed alot outside qld really

If Maguire comes, I'm interested to see who improves and who folds under his watch. Anyone who does the latter, they can keep on walking. None of them (outside of Reynolds) have achieved shit at NRL level. Pop the egos and let's see who really wants to be a success.

So you are surprised the chairman of the club...is allowing the chairman of the club...himself...to keep his own job?
Is that what I said? I'm not surprised he thinks he should keep his job.

I'm super excited for Madge to be coming, if it happens.
I honestly believe these young guys need some leadership and will thrive under Madge.
Not to say he doesn't have his work cut out winning them over and overdoing the intensity.
We have a premiership core which needs some toughness and a few bolt on edge backrowers.
I'm with Johns and believe we will win the comp in the next 2 years.
Dare to dream. I’m excited too.

Was excited when Seibold arrived as well however. Been a tough slog since we were flogged by St George in a home final when we were coached by Wayne.

Our luck has to change at some point why not now.

These sort of reports make me think that we’re in for more trouble in the years ahead with the same off field management in place.
IMG 2118

Attachments

• IMG_2118.jpeg
    IMG_2118.jpeg
    372.7 KB · Views: 20
beads just relax mate. every one of your posts about this subject have been sky is falling stuff.

These sort of reports make me think that we’re in for more trouble in the years ahead with the same off field management in place.
View attachment 29727
Why are you believing Hoops? Like I think the front office is shit too but it doesn’t even make sense what he is saying. He is saying he knew about this for 8 weeks but he said nothing? Too noble to print the exclusive? Absolute bullshit.

View attachment 29727
Hoops was just sucking up to Gordy on triple M. (Everyone on that show was)

Even if Kev was given 2025 & lost the first 10 rounds of the season then got sacked, Gordy and all the old boys would still be blowing up saying “he didn’t get to finish off the year off blah blah”

Hoops was just sucking up to Gordy on triple M. (Everyone on that show was)

Even if Kev was given 2025 & lost the first 10 rounds of the season then got sacked, Gordy and all the old boys would still be blowing up saying “he didn’t get to finish off the year off blah blah”
The Office Thank You GIF

Not enough is being made of how useless the Chairman of the board is at our club. We've got clowns showing no respect to legends like Alfie yet happy to allow Karl Morris to keep his position. He is the ultimate Termite.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Morris is News Limited's stooge on the board (I don't think he is even a Broncos fan) ... So unless someone has a spare $50 million plus under their couch cushions, and the ability to convince News Limited to sell their shares, were stuck with Morris.

Heard on the news earlier, that Langer is shook about Kevvie & is taking a break or something like that.

Can't find a link

Spare the the dramatics.

There is an article from Craddock/Badel saying that Langer (who is out of Brisbane on a family holiday) spoke to the CM on Sunday saying that he would now have to contemplate his future.

No quotes from Langer. The article says:

"He declined to offer any public comment on the drama but did confirm he would spend time contemplating his future over the next few weeks."

Is should be noted that Alfie has been one of the main constants at the club and been a part of all coaching teams over the last decade at least

beads just relax mate. every one of your posts about this subject have been sky is falling stuff.
Way too many here are defending the club blindly when the fact of the matter is the club is a shambles once again.

Why are you believing Hoops? Like I think the front office is shit too but it doesn’t even make sense what he is saying. He is saying he knew about this for 8 weeks but he said nothing? Too noble to print the exclusive? Absolute bullshit.
I don't think he said he knew 8 weeks ago just that since the news broke he has spoken to people who told him Karl Morris was telling ppl 8 weeks ago .
Tallis said something like , it's Madge ( who is the new coach) because he spoke to him in August without elaborating or having anyone else ask him to clarify.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Bucking Beads
  • RodF
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Locky24
  • BRC088
  • Redfern_1980
  • The Strapper
  • Adammacca
  • levikaden
  • Xzei
  • Behind enemy lines
  • azza.79
  • Sproj
  • Evander
  • Maroon4life
  • ettybay
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.