OFFICIAL Kevin Walters Steps Down As Broncos Coach

Way too many here are defending the club blindly when the fact of the matter is the club is a shambles once again.
Far from a shambles Beads, I think if Morris was in fact telling people 6 weeks ago that Kev was gone he needs to be accountable.
Other than that as far as I'm concerned the club recognises the golden opportunity we have with this core group and decided that Kev wasn't the guy.
I'm on board with that and have said so since he got the top job.
Not a fan of his coaching style, not a fan of some players not improving their skills. Not a fan of players kicking on 2nd and 3rd and not a fan of Walsh's mistake rate going unchecked.

And what did the board do wrong here?

They did a review, the review found that there were a lot of issues with Kevvie's coaching, they let him go.

Would it have been better for them to give him next year, results not turn around and we waste the last season in our premiership window?

If you lot think the coach was our only problem we needed to fix this off season then unfortunately you're beyond help. Maguire certainly has his work cut out for him with an over rated roster and sky high expectations. It would be a miracle if this lot is top 8 let alone competing for a premiership in 2025. I fear we've only scratched the surface at the level of dysfunction at Red Hill.

Happy to back the review findings that Kev needed to go. He had 3 out of 4 seasons without finals so writing was on the wall. Not happy for him to be the only one knifed when the CEO has done **** all and the Chairman has been at the helm when we've paid out our last 3 coaches. More than just Kev needs to be accountable.

If you lot think the coach was our only problem we needed to fix this off season then unfortunately you're beyond help. Maguire certainly has his work cut out for him with an over rated roster and sky high expectations. It would be a miracle if this lot is top 8 let alone competing for a premiership in 2025. I fear we've only scratched the surface at the level of dysfunction at Red Hill.

Happy to back the review findings that Kev needed to go. He had 3 out of 4 seasons without finals so writing was on the wall. Not happy for him to be the only one knifed when the CEO has done **** all and the Chairman has been at the helm when we've paid out our last 3 coaches. More than just Kev needs to be accountable.

Unfortunately this isn't the movies where you can time jump and within a couple of minutes all of the issues are fixed after a little montage with some 80's music.

Fellas, you can choose to believe the following or not, it may be a heap of nonsense, I don't know. But in the circles I move in, there is a big rumour going round that a certain player has played a large part in Kevvie's demise as part of the recent review. This player has past form in doing the exact same thing to a previous coach of his.

For what it's worth, I think Madge is a great choice, been saying it for months here. He will certainly sort out the men from the boys and give you a proper shot at a premiership as early as next year. Nobody took the Broncos seriously with Kev as coach. Madge has been there and done it and will love the high pressure enviornment up there.

And what did the board do wrong here?

They did a review, the review found that there were a lot of issues with Kevvie's coaching, they let him go.

Would it have been better for them to give him next year, results not turn around and we waste the last season in our premiership window?

They hired Kev, extended Kev 6 months ago, said he was safe two weeks ago, then sacked him.

They've now done this process the last three coaches in five years.

Do good boards cost millions in payouts?

Fellas, you can choose to believe the following or not, it may be a heap of nonsense, I don't know. But in the circles I move in, there is a big rumour going round that a certain player has played a large part in Kevvie's demise as part of the recent review. This player has past form in doing the exact same thing to a previous coach of his.

For what it's worth, I think Madge is a great choice, been saying it for months here. He will certainly sort out the men from the boys and give you a proper shot at a premiership as early as next year. Nobody took the Broncos seriously with Kev as coach. Madge has been there and done it and will love the high pressure enviornment up there.

The survey was anonymous, so unless your player has been saying what he wrote then I call bullshit.

TPJ isn't at the club any more though to be fair.

The survey was anonymous, so unless your player has been saying what he wrote then I call bullshit.
It could be bullshit mate, like I said. But lots of backroom backstabbing happened is what I have heard/been told. The review was just the culmination of a series of things taking place/being said/grudges held.

I've seen it happen at Souths before, clearly not a happy team with several underlying issues bubbling away under the surface and away from public eye which manifested into the performances you saw throughout the year.

Kev should have nipped them in the bud earlier. I don't think he knew how to.

Not sure if it’s been posted anywhere or if it’s already common knowledge but Marty John’s had an interesting story on his latest podcast about Bellamy interviewing for the Bronco's job in the past. Apparently he was all but over the line before a senior official said “ just letting you know that you won’t have the same power that the old bloke has that’s leaving” in reference to Wayne Bennet.

There is an article from Craddock/Badel saying that Langer (who is out of Brisbane on a family holiday) spoke to the CM on Sunday saying that he would now have to contemplate his future.

No quotes from Langer. The article says:

"He declined to offer any public comment on the drama but did confirm he would spend time contemplating his future over the next few weeks."

Is should be noted that Alfie has been one of the main constants at the club and been a part of all coaching teams over the last decade at least
I hear Buck is also contemplating his future…🤭

Not sure if it’s been posted anywhere or if it’s already common knowledge but Marty John’s had an interesting story on his latest podcast about Bellamy interviewing for the Bronco's job in the past. Apparently he was all but over the line before a senior official said “ just letting you know that you won’t have the same power that the old bloke has that’s leaving” in reference to Wayne Bennet.
I’ve already put a contract on that senior official
IMG 1339

There is an article from Craddock/Badel saying that Langer (who is out of Brisbane on a family holiday) spoke to the CM on Sunday saying that he would now have to contemplate his future.

No quotes from Langer. The article says:

"He declined to offer any public comment on the drama but did confirm he would spend time contemplating his future over the next few weeks."

Is should be noted that Alfie has been one of the main constants at the club and been a part of all coaching teams over the last decade at least

Thanks.

Maybe time to move on from him.

I almost threw my phone across the room when I heard that this morning

Anyone interested in Gordie's thoughts ... link below is the Triple M Sunday Sin Bin Segment.

These guys are just a bunch of media spin boys. If we had to sack Kev next year and Madge is not available these bafoons would be saying we had our chance and screwed it. If we sacked Kev now without sounding out Madge they would be spinning this as incompetence due to outing Kev without a ready-made replacement. Years ago they were making fun of us for holding interviews. As big clubs just get their man, not interview a list of contenders.

Also I did not here any one of them actually say what Kev did well. They just implied a GF was enough but nothing substantial was said about player improvement, recruitment/retention or positive outlooks for the future under Kev. The Broncos can never win with the NSW media.

I'm super excited for Madge to be coming, if it happens.
I honestly believe these young guys need some leadership and will thrive under Madge.
Not to say he doesn't have his work cut out winning them over and not overdoing the intensity.
We have a premiership core which needs some toughness and a few bolt on edge backrowers.
I'm with Johns and believe we will win the comp in the next 2 years.
Provided the first thing he addresses is the players having each other’s back. Too often teams were allowed to ‘bully’ and dog shot our players with absolutely no repercussions. We need to retaliate in numbers whenever this sort of shit happens and make sure the opposition knows we will not tolerate it.

At present we have no idea of team unity.

Provided the first thing he addresses is the players having each other’s back. Too often teams were allowed to ‘bully’ and dog shot our players with absolutely no repercussions. We need to retaliate in numbers whenever this sort of shit happens and make sure the opposition knows we will not tolerate it.

At present we have no idea of team unity.
This is usually what happens when there is a fractured playing group. Someone like Madge is required to come in and shake the joint up. He won't take any shit unlike uncle Kev.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Redfern_1980
  • Harry Sack
  • Astro
  • broncsgoat
  • Locky24
  • Waynesaurus
  • Yellowfella
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Gaz
  • Tristan1990
  • OnToSomething
  • Skyblues87
  • FACTHUNT
  • marw
  • Mick_Hancock
  • NSW stables
  • The Strapper
  • Dash
  • Bucking Beads
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.