OFFICIAL Kevin Walters Steps Down As Broncos Coach

Why are you believing Hoops? Like I think the front office is shit too but it doesn’t even make sense what he is saying. He is saying he knew about this for 8 weeks but he said nothing? Too noble to print the exclusive? Absolute bullshit.
Hooper is a flog of the highest order

These guys are just a bunch of media spin boys. If we had to sack Kev next year and Madge is not available these bafoons would be saying we had our chance and screwed it. If we sacked Kev now without sounding out Madge they would be spinning this as incompetence due to outing Kev without a ready-made replacement. Years ago they were making fun of us for holding interviews. As big clubs just get their man, not interview a list of contenders.

Also I did not here any one of them actually say what Kev did well. They just implied a GF was enough but nothing substantial was said about player improvement, recruitment/retention or positive outlooks for the future under Kev. The Broncos can never win with the NSW media.
Tallis did say he isn’t a bronco and hasn’t been for 20 years.
Well gordy **** right off with your 2 cents worth and enjoy your success at the titans ya mutt

Not sure if it’s been posted anywhere or if it’s already common knowledge but Marty John’s had an interesting story on his latest podcast about Bellamy interviewing for the Bronco's job in the past. Apparently he was all but over the line before a senior official said “ just letting you know that you won’t have the same power that the old bloke has that’s leaving” in reference to Wayne Bennet.

Always been a few urban legends, that they made him wait and were late for the interview in some big power play and he wasn't happy.

Always been a few urban legends, that they made him wait and were late for the interview in some big power play and he wasn't happy.
That was from the Cullen days, I remember that one.

Fellas, you can choose to believe the following or not, it may be a heap of nonsense, I don't know. But in the circles I move in, there is a big rumour going round that a certain player has played a large part in Kevvie's demise as part of the recent review. This player has past form in doing the exact same thing to a previous coach of his.

So you are saying it's Reynolds.

I don't wanna name names specifically mate, just rumours I've heard from other Rabbits people. Could be a load of codswallop.

You didn't have to name names, we all guessed who you were referring to.

It wasn't hard, you are a Souths fan & the circle you move it would mainly be Souths fans etc

Hasn't been since he was on the bench in his last game against the Cowboys.
Yep true
Still Loves talking about the broncos though probably because nothing to to talk about at the titans

I don't think anyone can legitimately argue that the club wasn't justified in getting rid of Kevvie. A lot of this whole process could have been handled better and as much as I wanted to give Kevvie time, even I am not distraught he is gone, the back end of the year was extremely concerning. Kevvie seemed to snap and that is never good.

Yep true
Still Loves talking about the broncos though probably because nothing to to talk about at the titans
We made Gordie, Gordie didn't make the Broncos. We were successful before him and we were successful after him. I don't really mind ex players having their say on the club but they gotta realize they're part of the problem.

Renouf seems to be one of the more balanced older boys.

I don't think anyone can legitimately argue that the club wasn't justified in getting rid of Kevvie. A lot of this whole process could have been handled better and as much as I wanted to give Kevvie time, even I am not distraught he is gone, the back end of the year was extremely concerning. Kevvie seemed to snap and that is never good.
It could've been far, far worse. This will be all done and dusted in 1 week. Plus all done during finals to avoid most of the media circus. Sounds pretty good to me.

Active Now

• Bongo
  • NSW stables
  • Gaz
  • Financeguy
  • Redfern_1980
  • Redux
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • kwomo
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • johnny plath
  • Tristan1990
  • phoenix
  • Lostboy
  • RolledOates
  • Alec
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dexter
  • Allo
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.