THE COACH Kevin Walters

What about Neil Henry ?
Does Henry even want a full time gig anymore? Hasn't put his hand up in ages for a fulltime coaching gig and there have been plenty that have come up. I think he is more than happy being an assistant these days

I’m all in on Rohan Smith
It will be interesting to see how Karmichael goes with the Magpies in 2023. I have a feeling he'll wind up as an assistant either with us or Seaworld within a couple of years.

It will be interesting to see how Karmichael goes with the Magpies in 2023. I have a feeling he'll wind up as an assistant either with us or Seaworld within a couple of years.
Magpies have been struggling massively so If he turns them around next year that would prove alot of his capabilities.

Adrian Lam has taken his team to the championship in England’s second division. They have belted not just beaten everyone and this is on the back of his excellent super league stint. I’d be looking at him very closely next year when he goes back into super league.

just to put things in a bit of perspective.

The Panthers rebuild took about 8 years of Gould's 5 year plan ... and the Panthers weren't starting from anywhere near as low of a base as Kev had to start from
Yeh… I mean Ivan Cleary still only has something like a 54% win record as coach after being in charge of that Panthers team for 3 amazing seasons, so it does not seem like he is the difference. I think Kevin would do just as well with that Panthers squad..

Focus on the pathways and keeping key junior players together, which would make Ben Ikin more important than Kevin Walter’s, despite what the deep thinker Gordie opines.

Yeh… I mean Ivan Cleary still only has something like a 54% win record as coach after being in charge of that Panthers team for 3 amazing seasons, so it does not seem like he is the difference. I think Kevin would do just as well with that Panthers squad..

Focus on the pathways and keeping key junior players together, which would make Ben Ikin more important that Kevin Walter’s, despite what the deep thinker Gordie opines.
"Deep thinker" :rofl

just to put things in a bit of perspective.

The Panthers rebuild took about 8 years of Gould's 5 year plan ... and the Panthers weren't starting from anywhere near as low of a base as Kev had to start from

When Gould took over in May -2011, they finished 12th and in Ivan's first year in 2012 they finished 15th and his second-year coaching 10th.

They were pretty low and going nowhere.

They had completely gone away from what made them successful.

In 2012 they had 5/25 were local juniors in the Panthers top squad, when it went to 30 in 2018, they had 24/30 and all 24 debuted with Panthers. They won the NYC in 2013 and 2015 and ISC in 2017.

2022- 13/17 not only are from Penrith but played all their career at Panthers and they won Flegg, SG Ball, NSW Cup, State Championship and NRL.

Adrian Lam has taken his team to the championship in England’s second division. They have belted not just beaten everyone and this is on the back of his excellent super league stint. I’d be looking at him very closely next year when he goes back into super league.
Side note: man I loved Adrian lam. He played for the roosters before they were evil and I just loved him.

When Gould took over in May -2011, they finished 12th and in Ivan's first year in 2012 they finished 15th and his second-year coaching 10th.

In 2012 they had 5/25 were local juniors in the Panthers top squad, when it went to 30 in 2018, they had 24/30 and all 24 debuted with Panthers. They won the NYC in 2013 and 2015 and ISC in 2017.

2022- 13/17 not only are from Penrith but played all their career at Panthers and they won Flegg, SG Ball, NSW Cup, State Championship and NRL.
The knights should look closely at what the panthers have done, because given where they are situated with juniors and fan base, no direct competition, they could easily replicate it.

This sort of psychological effect is why I want kids playing for the Broncos as early as possible through teenage/early adult comps.

Makes it easier to keep them and groups together like we did with U20s, despite the eventual bad taste the class of 08 left in the end.

Have them fall in love with the club by playing for it, not just be some random kids with academy spots playing for a QCup affiliate for the next 5+ years

Also allows a streamlined flow through of coaching, style of play and communication between all grades.

Don’t have the middle men that may do things differently (which is their right as far as doing what they think they need to for their sake) and you’re having to step in and move players to get what you want/need for them

Is there any argument to be had here that the broncos QLD cup model of spreading talent amongst teams is detrimental ?

Is there any argument to be had here that the broncos QLD cup model of spreading talent amongst teams is detrimental ?
The argument has been had many times. There is very few positives apart from keeping the QLD Cup alive. Look at the difference in quality from the game on the weekend. The QLD Cup is a low quality competition. If the QLD Cup doesn’t want to improve I put it forward that the Brisbane Broncos should enter a team into the NSW Cup

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.