THE COACH Kevin Walters

Might be time for everyone to review their vote in this thread.

Might be time for everyone to review their vote in this thread.
I voted one one more year, and I'm comfortable with that. It's yet to be seen how both players and coaching staff deal with the inevitable loss/es, injuries to key players, etc. Not shitting on the effort so far, it's been brilliant and everyone involved deserves the plaudits they're getting.

But let's be honest, 3 of our 5 games have been against who were 3 of the favourites for the spoon at the start of the year. This is literally the easiest part of our draw all year. So I'm reserving my judgement until things get tough, which they absofuckinglutely will.

Has Kev exceeded my expectations at this point? Yup, and I'm very happy about that. I really want him to be a success, maybe the slump last year and subsequent review brought into focus what needed to change for that to happen. In which case I will happily give him more than one more year. But at this point, for mine, the jury is still out on whether he can take this squad to a premiership.

Credit to Kevvie and the boys for the turn around. Its exceeded what i thought he was capable of as a coach. He taken on board things that have been put to him, changed around his coaching team and its paying off.

I think we will win the minor premiership and the grand final personally, but the minimum as always should be make the finals. We should have done it last year but we imploded. I'm hoping lightning doesnt strike twice.

All the signs except last season's fade out have been positive. The team has been pointing in the right direction now for some time and really, us and the Panthers at the moment look a class above everyone else. So Kevvie should definitely be given another year or more BUT if there is another fade out, questions will need to be asked. Regardless, he has done a fantastic job and deserves all the plaudits he gets.

I voted one one more year, and I'm comfortable with that. It's yet to be seen how both players and coaching staff deal with the inevitable loss/es, injuries to key players, etc. Not shitting on the effort so far, it's been brilliant and everyone involved deserves the plaudits they're getting.

But let's be honest, 3 of our 5 games have been against who were 3 of the favourites for the spoon at the start of the year. This is literally the easiest part of our draw all year. So I'm reserving my judgement until things get tough, which they absofuckinglutely will.

Has Kev exceeded my expectations at this point? Yup, and I'm very happy about that. I really want him to be a success, maybe the slump last year and subsequent review brought into focus what needed to change for that to happen. In which case I will happily give him more than one more year. But at this point, for mine, the jury is still out on whether he can take this squad to a premiership.

Singular. I like it.

My gut feeling right now is Kevvie won't last the season. The only thing that can save him is the individual brilliance of our players, because they sure as **** don't look coached.

Kevvie didn't coach last week's trial team. His coaching record since the wheels fell off against the Tigers last July is 1 win (1 draw) from 7 starts, to a tune of 116 for to 235 against. That's an average deficit of 17 points.

I want to learn from you what you saw yesterday that cancelled out the end of last season.

Same coach. Same club.
Bumping just for the lols.

I thought it was just Walters Jr you had it in for, I did not realise that it was also dear old Dad and potentially the entire Walters clan.

Bumping just for the lols.

I thought it was just Walters Jr you had it in for, I did not realise that it was also dear old Dad and potentially the entire Walters clan.
Don't have it in for any of them. I've had opinions based on observations, and as those observations change the opinions follow. I still think Billy is the weakest player on the team, but someone has to be. You might have a different opinion. So be it.

Don't have it in for any of them. I've had opinions based on observations, and as those observations change the opinions follow. I still think Billy is the weakest player on the team, but someone has to be. You might have a different opinion. So be it.
So you think Billy is worse than Palasia?

All the signs except last season's fade out have been positive.
Which was the taste left in our mouths over the off season. It wasn't just a fadeout; it was a freefall into the depths of Hell. What a difference a preseason made.

Is Palasia in our strongest 17 though? Or is he a place holder for Kobe.
Not on the form we've seen in the last few weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if his ticket to the Cup is stamped "one way" but we'll probably need him during the Origin.

I don’t remember what I voted for
Me neither, but I'm "no" for now. The team is pretty solid on attitude.

I was thinking about how far we've come from the Miford/Lodge/TPJ/Glenn/Boyd days where we seemed a bunch of misfits only turning up for a paycheque. Where we rolled out a different spine each week.

It's a heck of a good sign we're fielding the same team three or four weeks in a row and we're really only nitpicking one fill-in bench player.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Ronald
  • jarro65
  • whykickamoocow
  • Battler
  • marw
  • Fozz
  • Astro
  • mrslong
  • Rambstien
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • sooticus
  • Alec
  • Robboi_321
  • Jazza
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Morkel
  • Midean
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.