THE COACH Kevin Walters

If the board and half of these players last longer than Walters it's an absolute joke. The team sucks and Walters doesn't know what to do with them, but who would? Massive changes need to happen

There is also something C.Smith said about Kevv in his book - he was too emotional and had to be told to wind it back.

I wonder if he is trying to mitigate that at the Broncos save the occasional blow up?
You see it in his decision making as well.

The whole situtation is starting to become a train wreck... I can deal with loses - if the squad improves. Something is seriously off as there's no way this squad should have the mega highs and lows it does.

Brilliant game were against Panthers and Roosters shows what form the team can produce. There has to be toxic players or attitudes in the team for them to be rocks and diamonds.

Club legend or not, he's in real trouble now.

Between baffling everyone by panic dropping Mead and Gamble, then embarrassing himself by having to drag Gamble straight back in anyway, bringing Milford in and out of the side when blind freddy can see he's done, continuing to select Coates who has also checked out (to the point where he goes sooking to Kev not to play minutes before kick off in the Canberra cold because of a "twinge"), moving heaven and earth to offload Lodge but selecting him every week anyway, horrendous use of the bench, appalling defence to the point where you wonder if we train it at all, attack so bad we need to rely on flukish individual efforts to score at all and only one signing of worth to brag about despite the fact we need at least 5 of them, and even he is only coming here because his current club flat out told him he was unwanted. Basically nothing is going Walters way at the moment, and it is really hard to see light at the end of the tunnel.

@Smokin' Joe You went off way too early saying the worst was behind us mate. Frankly it looks like it has barely begun.
Are the boys still doing woooosah breathing techniques when play stops? Haven’t seen the huddles in a while

A bloke needs a decent go at it. ****, I was still backing Seibold way longer than I should have been but the head scratching decisions Kevvie is now making on a regular basis is not good. I think he’s fucked. I really wanted him to succeed but the team selections, poor defence and general lack of any form of game plan paints a pretty sobering picture.

The whole situtation is starting to become a train wreck... I can deal with loses - if the squad improves. Something is seriously off as there's no way this squad should have the mega highs and lows it does.

This. What is REALLY going on at the club, or within the playing group, that started during COVID last year?

If the board and half of these players last longer than Walters it's an absolute joke. The team sucks and Walters doesn't know what to do with them, but who would? Massive changes need to happen
You pick your best side, bring them together as a team, and back yourself as a coach to improve them. It’s rd 14 and our coach still doesn’t have any idea what his best side is. We saw signs of it before rd1 when he’d spent the entire preseason with Dearden running at halfback only to drop him before rd1. There is no conviction in his decision making, no rhyme or reason, it’s just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. How can the players have any confidence or understanding in what they are doing if the coach doesn’t? He either needs help or to fall on his sword.

One positive is that in the post game presser he did admit the chopping and changing likely contributed to what’s happened with this team. Hopefully that means he stops it from now.

I just want to point out that Mead could’ve come on to the wing to replace Coates. Which would’ve allowed Farnsworth, the player who trained there all week, to remain in the position you planned for.

60 minutes and no Paix.
You mean the player that isn't a fullback even if you THE SUPER COACH thinks he is .

The thing that pisses me off is he let players go that he should of keeped

You mean the player that isn't a fullback even if you THE SUPER COACH thinks he is .
I don’t think Farnworth is a good fullback. I’m not arguing on behalf of Farnworth.

I’m wondering why the **** Kev selected him as fullback, trained with him there all week, and the dropped the idea 5 minutes before kick off when a winger went down.

Sack Kev, there i said it.
So Kevvie gets half a season and seibold gets almost 2 , getting rid of the coach now is just absolutely absurd. We'll be in another rebuild before we had a rebuild, absolutely fucking stupid

So Kevvie gets half a season and seibold gets almost 2 , getting rid of the coach now is just absolutely absurd. We'll be in another rebuild before we had a rebuild, absolutely fucking stupid
On your bike you twat, sack em all, and you can go with em!
Burn it all down and start again, the rot runs deep and through every part of the club.

Kev gets to see out the season and probably gets 10 rounds next year to see how the team goes with Reynolds as general. But, I'd dare say if there are similar results to start next season then he would be on thin ice and if teams like Bulldogs, Knights & Titans are in similar positions then you may very well see a fight for Flannagan and early decisions will need to be made.

I don’t think Farnworth is a good fullback. I’m not arguing on behalf of Farnworth.

I’m wondering why the **** Kev selected him as fullback, trained with him there all week, and the dropped the idea 5 minutes before kick off when a winger went down.
Isn't that part obvious. Coates went down Kelly out , to much disruption for a debut at fullback. Put in a fullback that's no doubt been training a a reserve at fullback, who's been playing fullback in qcup.
That way Farnworth doesn't have to adapt even than he already does, makes sense to me. Just because you're on the sack Kevvie train doesn't mean everything he does is reckless

On your bike you twat, sack em all, and you can go with em!
Burn it all down and start again, the rot runs deep and through every part of the club.
You upset princess because your footy team lost . Get a life and maybe you won't take it as hard.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • bb_gun
  • Mustafur
  • Bucking Beads
  • theshed
  • Santa
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Viti
  • broncsgoat
  • Shane Tronc
  • winslow_wong
  • Volvo Driver
  • Jazza
  • BroncosMan
  • westy316
  • broncs30
  • RodF
  • Bronx48
  • Wolfie
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 62 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.