THE EX Kevin Walters

Contracts should be X amount and then they get a good bonus if they perform and win. Don't back the players they will lead you around by the nose ring all day, wake up.
Yeah, let’s be the only club to offer a low base contract but make it up in performance bonuses…ffs we won’t be able to sign a single player. Not even mentioning the additional difficulty in managing the cap not knowing what the final payouts will be. Maybe you should try waking up.

It’s ok to back your players, just got to choose, recruit and retain the right ones including getting the mix right.

We overachieved last year.

Can't agree. We had the team. For mine a lack of fitness was our undoing, right at the end when it counted most.. And it looks to me like that was the start of a worrying trend - lack of fitness. We are so off the pace against the better sides. Our defence is soft. Also, nobody seems to be mentoring Walsh, or if they are it isn't working. (It's not Darius is it? That would explain things I suppose ... )

And the Good Ole Boys. Mates first hey. And here we are.

Personally I’d give Kevvie another year to fix things up (again). The bloke has given more than enough of his life to this club to deserve that chance.

Besides, who are the realistic options to replace him with??

lol my life summed up in one picture:

Screenshot 2024 08 09 at 82750pm

So it's ok for you to attack the players but the coach is off limits.?

Just quietly.......
it should be OK to attack the fans as well.
They need cancelling from attending training sessions.

I feel for Jesse......no doubt his comments have been spoofed up beyond any context by the media grubs.

We overachieved last year.
Completely disagree, we were basically level with Penrith the entire year and consistently stayed near the top of the table, we definitely got lucky with injuries though, but that isn't an achievement that's just the way it goes sometimes.

The biggest difference is we started very well, where as this year it does seem like having a brutal grand final loss where we basically had it won did give us a hang over of sorts and started not on the best foot, then we got injuries to critical players like Walsh and Reyno for long periods and it all went to shit from there.

Similar to 1999 I Would say, only that there is alot less difference between the good and shit teams these days so we couldn't scrape into the 8.

As bad as last week was, it’s a different titans this year, they would trouble any team.

That reminds me, I should check how much they beat the sharks by tonight
Teams when they don't perform the exact same way each week:
Surprised pikachu gif

Yeah, let’s be the only club to offer a low base contract but make it up in performance bonuses…ffs we won’t be able to sign a single player. Not even mentioning the additional difficulty in managing the cap not knowing what the final payouts will be. Maybe you should try waking up.

It’s ok to back your players, just got to choose, recruit and retain the right ones including getting the mix right.
I wasn't talking about only the Broncos, the NRL in general with contracts and if there is a moron here it's fools like you

I'm going to chime in on this thread.
I don't think Kev should be sacked.

The playing group should be held responsible for the majority of our problems.
Before Kev, it was Seibolds fault, now it's Kevs fault.
You can't get much more Bronco than Kev, and reckon 2/3rds of our roster would jump ship to sign with another side for more money.
Kev took us from a spoon to the GF.
I'm sure it's not the coach that dropped off in the season, the playing group sure did though.

You can't get much more Bronco than Kev, and reckon 2/3rds of our roster would jump ship to sign with another side for more money.
I'm sure it's not the coach that dropped off in the season, the playing group sure did though.

I don't disagree with what you are saying about Kev, but ultimately the buck stops with the coach and it's his job to set the standard and hold players accountable, it doesn't appear or feel like Kev is doing that, in fact most of what we hear from Kev about the playing group seems to be excuses for their performances or blank responses about not knowing what is going wrong.

I get that what Kev says to the media is probably about trying to protect and have the back of his players and its probably different to what he says to the playing group behind closed doors but the players don't seem to be returning the favour to their coach, their performances reek of lack of respect.............they are making Kev look like a fool.

I don't disagree with what you are saying about Kev, but ultimately the buck stops with the coach and it's his job to set the standard and hold players accountable, it doesn't appear or feel like Kev is doing that, in fact most of what we hear from Kev about the playing group seems to be excuses for their performances or blank responses about not knowing what is going wrong.

I get that what Kev says to the media is probably about trying to protect and have the back of his players and its probably different to what he says to the playing group said behind closed doors but the players don't seem to returning the favour to their coach, their performances reek of lack of respect.............they are making Kev look like a fool.
These are good points and hard to disagree with.
It feels to me like we have a team of self entitled brats who lack the ability to respect the jersey or one of the clubs all time greats.
If they don't respect a legend of the , club like Kev, then who will they respect? Surely not some other coach with no ties to the Broncos winning history.
It feels to me like our team consists of two types of players.
1 - the dedicated and loyal, think Carrigan, Oates etc.
2 - the individuals, Haas, Walsh, etc etc who are demanding big money for doing very little and would jump ship if the price was right.

It's a sad state of affairs at this once great club.

Saw this.
Anyone have access.
is it just Ben Teo and Barrett?

It feels to me like we have a team of self entitled brats who lack the ability to respect the jersey or one of the clubs all time greats.
If they don't respect a legend of the , club like Kev, then who will they respect? Surely not some other coach with no ties to the Broncos winning history.

I think the honeymoon period for Kev is now well and truly over and the group has just become too comfortable, he is one of their mates not their boss............I'm just not sure that Kev can turn that around without a major rejig of the roster and essentially starting over again.

The logic with this is all over the shop.

We should blame the players not Kev and. Seibold, the guys who’s job it is to choose the players and hold them accountable.

The players are responsible for us going poorly but Kev gets the credit for the grand final.

Why not say the players took us from the spoon to the GF?

You can’t have it one way and not the other.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • mrslong
  • Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • whykickamoocow
  • winslow_wong
  • theshed
  • mrtij
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Bronco bob
  • FACTHUNT
  • marw
  • Morkel
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Browny
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Swordfish
  • Scorchie
... and 34 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.