THE COACH Kevin Walters

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
It's very easy to throw out statements like "we have recruited poorly" and "our cap is out if balance". Why don't you substantiate it by saying who we should have signed that was off contract and who we should have let go.
Max Plath is one low cost, high output, high effort player I’d love to have in this Broncos squad..

I don’t know the reasons why he went to Redcliffe, but if it was a case of Brisbane not seeing the value in him (ie if it was something other than Redcliffe throwing silly money at him), well……. 🤒

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Max Plath is one low cost, high output, high effort player I’d love to have in this Broncos squad..

I don’t know the reasons why he went to Redcliffe, but if it was a case of Brisbane not seeing the value in him, well……. 🤒
Are you gonna pick him over pat carrigan?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I don’t know the reasons why he went to Redcliffe, but if it was a case of Brisbane not seeing the value in him (ie if it was something other than Redcliffe throwing silly money at him), well……. 🤒
We offered him train and trial but Redcliffe offered him a spot on the squad. It’s a shame because he’s one I’d have loved also

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

When he signed with the Dolphins he had played 17 Cup games and was 21- he would have signed for $55.

He had a great game against the Dolphins for Wynnum and they signed him that day.

He's now extended until 27.

He would have been the perfect Broncos, Gen 2, tough and versatile. He played Colts Grand Final at half, kicked a field goal in 21 in ET.

Now playing NRL lock.

Wynnum junior, same as his dad and was at a Bronco feeder his whole life was Wynnum Meninga captain too.

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
With Origin & the bye coming up, Kevs support staff becomes very lean and I’m afraid he wouldn’t have much of a support to lean on before our NZ trip. It could well be a defining moment in his coaching career if he’s able to turn things in our favor.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
With Origin & the bye coming up, Kevs support staff becomes very lean and I’m afraid he wouldn’t have much of a support to lean on before our NZ trip. It could well be a defining moment in his coaching career if he’s able to turn things in our favor.
Fucking origin even stripping us of coaching stuff... fucking bullshit

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Would you say part of the challenge for us is the Q Cup system rather than a specific streamlined broncos pathway?
To an extent, but it could be to the Broncos advantage with the right systems. A lot of quality players have come through the QCup so I don't think it comes down to the quality of the competition.

The issue is the Broncos aren't producing enough players for the affiliates. Even players on NRL contracts are struggling in MM Cup so that's an obvious red flag that something is amiss.

Granted, I could be reading too much into it, but I found it concerning that the only junior who played trials who wasn't on an NRL deal was Cameron Bukowski.

Melbourne on the other hand had Coby Williamson, Sheldon Diaz, Keagan Russell-Smith, Mitchell Jennings, Angus Hinchey, Stanley Huen, Karavira Stokes-Mahara all in the mix.

I'd imagine Satrick was injured too, because he's now playing QCup despite not being on an NRL deal.

That's an area where the Broncos could be better. If they're going to be successful they have to take maximise whatever advantages they can get and that clearly isn't happening.

B

Broncorob

QCup Player
Jul 26, 2020
Reno made him look good.

We need a new assistant coach that can help with x’s and o’s
What i see is a bunch of kids reading the press about who is earning what and waiting for the earners to step up. Yes its a coaching issue and needs to be stomped on...but i don't think its a strategy issue. We hold the ball we win. Attack and defence strategy fine. Attitude and bullshit egos are destroying this team. Media to blame..yes...can Kev fix it..i hope.so. We can play footy but are soft and too worried about who is earning what. Maybe a closed door blood on the table session us required...I Dont know but if it continues we are on a spiral...down

B

Broncorob

QCup Player
Jul 26, 2020
I don't think we are done yet...teams do go on a post origin run aka cowboys 2017...but current attitude is not good.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
The IQ of the children complaining about the coach is very low. Very very low.
When the Broncos plummet out of the eight with no end in sight, our coach SHOULD be under pressure. We do not tolerate mediocrity at this club, and the coach, however unfairly is where the buck stops. If we fail to make the 8 this year, heads will certainly roll.

Kevvie's job is safe this year, but the torch is on his guts.

J

johnny plath

QCup Player
Jul 16, 2014
Would you say part of the challenge for us is the Q Cup system rather than a specific streamlined broncos pathway?
I'm definitely in this camp. I can't see how our current hotchpotch approach can be better then a streamlined one where our whole pathways is unified and under our control. As parochial as we like to be about qld I don't think you can honestly argue that qcup is on a par with nsw cup any more. So our depth players are playing in a weak comp at the behest of feeder club needs rather than our own. I think somehow we need to put club first and do what's best for broncos.. whatever that is.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
To an extent, but it could be to the Broncos advantage with the right systems. A lot of quality players have come through the QCup so I don't think it comes down to the quality of the competition.

The issue is the Broncos aren't producing enough players for the affiliates. Even players on NRL contracts are struggling in MM Cup so that's an obvious red flag that something is amiss.

Granted, I could be reading too much into it, but I found it concerning that the only junior who played trials who wasn't on an NRL deal was Cameron Bukowski.

Melbourne on the other hand had Coby Williamson, Sheldon Diaz, Keagan Russell-Smith, Mitchell Jennings, Angus Hinchey, Stanley Huen, Karavira Stokes-Mahara all in the mix.

I'd imagine Satrick was injured too, because he's now playing QCup despite not being on an NRL deal.

That's an area where the Broncos could be better. If they're going to be successful they have to take maximise whatever advantages they can get and that clearly isn't happening.

Hinchey played Cup on the weekend too- Storm have already moved him up to Cup.

He was my favourite Meninga player in 22. Scored a double playing Flegg for the Storm last week and now playing Cup.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
When the Broncos plummet out of the eight with no end in sight, our coach SHOULD be under pressure. We do not tolerate mediocrity at this club, and the coach, however unfairly is where the buck stops. If we fail to make the 8 this year, heads will certainly roll.

Kevvie's job is safe this year, but the torch is on his guts.
1 win from 4th isn't my definition of plummeting out of the 8, but to each his own.
I do agree though, if we don't finish the year in the top 8, it won't be tolerated.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • easybreezy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.