THE COACH Kevin Walters

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
So for all of the analysis I provided in my post, your one and only response is to refer to a popularity contest that prior to 2017 was judged by journalists. Clearly, Bennett has never been a darling of the press.

Additionally, you will note that 3 of those were won by Bellamy with the benefit of the squad created by cheating. Take those 3 out of the equation and it is 3-3.

Ten grand finals in the NSWRL or NRL at four different clubs, with GF's at one of those clubs in two different stints. Grand final wins at two different clubs. Then add in Bennett's SOO and International record it is a no contest.

FMD you are cooked, get some alcohol, counselling, drugs, whatever you need. And you call me a dumbarse, really, get some help.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
The Dally M's aren't a true gauge of the best player of the year, neither for coach. Any list that has Siebold winning 1/3 the "best coach" awards as Bennett has, is taking the piss.

2 of Bellamy's awards are also from years the Storm were cheating the cap and should therefore have also been revoked like the premierships. Dirty cheating scum at a dirty cheating scum club.
You got in before me.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Are You Serious Episode 17 GIF by One Chicago

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
So for all of the analysis I provided in my post, your one and only response is to refer to a popularity contest that prior to 2017 was judged by journalists. Clearly, Bennett has never been a darling of the press.

Additionally, you will note that 3 of those were won by Bellamy with the benefit of the squad created by cheating. Take those 3 out of the equation and it is 3-3.

Ten grand finals in the NSWRL or NRL at four different clubs, with GF's at one of those clubs in two different stints. Grand final wins at two different clubs. Then add in Bennett's SOO and International record it is a no contest.

FMD you are cooked, get some alcohol, counselling, drugs, whatever you need. And you call me a dumbarse, really, get some help.
Bennett can't hold a job.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
The Dally M's aren't a true gauge of the best player of the year, neither for coach. Any list that has Siebold winning 1/3 the "best coach" awards as Bennett has, is taking the piss.

2 of Bellamy's awards are also from years the Storm were cheating the cap and should therefore have also been revoked like the premierships. Dirty cheating scum at a dirty cheating scum club.
If the Dally M judges start listening to the fans, it won't be long until they are sitting next to them.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021

Can probably add that Bennetts taken different generations/era of Broncos teams to grand finals while the game has changed, Bellamy has taken the Cronk, Smith, Slater teams only while the game has stayed somewhat the same.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Really disagree about Bellamy being the best coach.

He has not coached at international level, Bennett has had success at international level.

His record at State of Origin level is woeful. Bennett whilst a mixed bag, overall you would have to say he was successful as a State of Origin coach.

His club success has only come at the one club, Melbourne. In my opinion, his record will always be tainted by the fact that several of the GF's Melbourne made and those they won were achieved with a squad that was created by deliberate cheating of the salary cap. They continued to benefit from that cheating in the years that followed.

Melbourne continue to be successful because of the systems he has put in place and stuck to.

It is noteworthy that since Cooper Cronk left at the end of 2017, Melbourne have made 2 GF's losing one.

Since Billy retired at the end of 2018, 5 years, they have made one GF.

Since Cameron retired they have not made a GF.

By comparison, Bennett has taken 4 different clubs to GF's, and won at 2 of them. It very easily could have been 3.

Would Bellamy's success transfer readily to another club without the systems he has built up over many years. His Origin record says that the answer is likely no. It would take quite some time.

Bennett has a knack of quickly turning clubs around. Bennett is the best coach of the modern era by some distance in my opinion.

I think Mal has changed Origin coaching and it’s become its own niche. Bellamy has said he didn’t know how to coach origin and ran it like a club team with analytics and data. All accurate but not Origin coaching. Last night at the Blues jumper presentation again he told them forget information it’s all physical and effort.

Traditionally the origin coach was the best coach, Sheens, Gus, Gibson, Morris.

Mal moved the posts and made it the best suited to Origin coach.

Even Gibson only won 2/6 games and no one says he can’t coach.

I think the fact he can reflect and learn and I would bet improve means Bellamy is a good coach.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Can probably add that Bennetts taken different generations/era of Broncos teams to grand finals while the game has changed, Bellamy has taken the Cronk, Smith, Slater teams only while the game has stayed somewhat the same.
All I know is I'd rather play a Bennett coached team than a Bellamy coached team. Our record against the latter is pretty fucking dire.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
In Wayne Bennett's first book he says that if you start listening to the fans, it won't be long before you're sitting in the stands with them

It all comes back to Wayne......
Bellyache is great but,
he doesn't walk in the same light as WB
I can only think of late great Jack Gibson
who could walk with WB in the same stature.

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Johnny92
  • Jedhead
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.