KFC Big Bash thread

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Love watching the domestic 20/20 comp. First game tonight with the Tigers posting a good 189 against WA who feature Chris Gayle who is yet to open up.

Tim Paine was awesome with the bat for Tassie, surely he'll be heading to the World Cup.

I want Tim Paine to turn himself into an opening batsmen in the longer form of the game. I think he has the technique for it and we need openers big time in this country.

Since CA has crippled OD by splitting the 50 overs the domestic 20/20 competition has easily become the more entertaining form for mine - I love seeing the International players rubbing shoulders with our boys.

Big Pete said:
Since CA has crippled OD by splitting the 50 overs the domestic 20/20 competition has easily become the more entertaining form for mine - I love seeing the International players rubbing shoulders with our boys.

agreed, why stuff around with the 50 over game, just ruined it IMO.

50 over game has been shit for a few years, domestic and international. The CA split version is worse though.

Should just have 2 innings of 25 overs.

I can see why they did, it just hasn't been a draw since Twenty20 but I was always a big fan of the 50 overs concept and thought some of the changes they've brought in are silly.

Big Pete said:
I can see why they did, it just hasn't been a draw since Twenty20 but I was always a big fan of the 50 overs concept and thought some of the changes they've brought in are silly.

Absolutely. The domestic 50-over comp (or 45 over, whatever it is) is just shit now. No point breaking up the innings like they do, and you just continue on wherever you were after the first stint. Just gay.

All the power plays and shit too (international level as well) just lame.

Oh yeah and remember the super subs? [icon_lol1.

Just wish they kept it simple, when they're done right, One Dayers can be extremely engaging fixtures.

Big Pete said:

Just wish they kept it simple, when they're done right, One Dayers can be extremely engaging fixtures.

They can. It's just the middle 20 overs of each innings is usually plain boring to watch.

Coxy said:
Big Pete said:

They can. It's just the middle 20 overs of each innings is usually plain boring to watch.

Don't you enjoy watching the spinners bowl with the field back and the batsman getting easy singles.

Should just have some form of fielding restrictions throughout all stages of the game

Browny said:
Coxy said:
Big Pete said:

Don't you enjoy watching the spinners bowl with the field back and the batsman getting easy singles.

Should just have some form of fielding restrictions throughout all stages of the game

^^^ This. I'd like to see no more than 4 players outside the circle throughout the innings, and 2 during the "powerplays".

Yep great suggestion and that was always my biggest issue (and just about anybody elses) too Cox.

I actually much prefer the Kentucken Frucken Cricket to International T20s. Always seem to produce better games in that format.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
I actually much prefer the Kentucken Frucken Cricket to International T20s. Always seem to produce better games in that format.

This.

Aye, I have no issue with it being a domestic thing, with a champions cup afterwards but giving it an international format is silly.

I'm just concerned with the potential link between the amount of short form cricket being played and the seeming deterioration of a batsman's ability to dig in at test level. See it even in Shield cricket. Innings are over quite quickly as players look for quick runs.

They can get away with bad technique etc with those shorter forms of the game too, and still be successful. Look at Dave Warner.

Active Now

• mitch222
  • Wolfie
  • Mustafur
  • Aldo
  • Harry Sack
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bucking Beads
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Porthoz
  • Justwin
  • barker
  • Xzei
  • ForlovejAl
  • Skyblues87
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.