Kodi Nikorima Joins the Warriors

I thought no offers or even discussion could take place before June 30 or some such thing so how can players with 18 months of their current contract left be tabled anything.

Big news that will sadden and gladden many. Milf to halfback and Bird to 5/8 ?

Big news that will sadden and gladden many. Milf to halfback and Bird to 5/8 ?
I don't hate it, but is it the answer?

Could very well be a possibility. Definitely a solid option.

Or do i have that back to front. Do they have up until June 30.

If it happens would we even play Nikorima against the Rabbitohs? Would we just play Deardan?

Last edited:
If it happens would we even play Nikorima against the Rabbitohs? Would we just play Deardan?

If it happens I'd say he'll be released immediately and we'll blood Dearden, if it's still in the process of happening, he'll stay at 7 for the foreseeable future.

If it happens I'd say he'll be released immediately and we'll blood Dearden, if it's still in the process of happening, he'll stay at 7 for the foreseeable future.

The way I see it is if you are happy to see Nikorima go then he is not our best option at 7 and we should be playing out best option

I’m feeling smoke and mirrors. Wayne would probably know kodi and Milford’s games inside out and if dearden gets put in last minute, it could surprise the rabbits game plan.

If Milf plays like last night for the full 80 (if Siebs is as smart as I think he his, he told the boys to ease off second half to be ready Thursday night) then we could easily take Deardon on board. All he need do is catch and pass and be an option for kicking. He will also organise the forwards and free up Milf even more. From what I have seen of him he has that ability to make things happen.

Wonder if Siebs has identified a hooker yet.

Knik has played with Milf in the halves since schoolboy days. Not sure he's ready to break that partnership up quite yet. I'm sure his 'do anything for the team' attitude would mean he'd play the 14 for us. Specially if Jimmy goes and Staggs slots into his spot.

Am I the only one who'd be sad to see Kodi go?

I'd be more upset to see Roberts walk away personally

It's becoming a bit obvious what the club are doing. McGuire and Kahu were let go in the pre season, Nikorima and Roberts look to be on the outer now; they're shuffling deck chairs to make room for TPJ, Oates and Flegler.

Last edited:
I have the same question, a player with over a year and half contract left could be offered and force the club make the release?

What would happen if we don’t release?

Anyone know how much is Kodi on?
Surely we wouldn’t let him go now as it will only weaken our squad and impact our chances in 2019.
There is absolutely no upside for us apart from this creating an opportunity to blood Dearden. Even so we can do this with Knik in reserve grade and we still keep our depth for injuries / form / suspension.
Surely the club aren’t considering this...

I have the same question, a player with over a year and half contract left could be offered and force the club make the release?

What would happen if we don’t release?

nothing, except potentially having an unhappy player on our hands.

it is entirely up to us to decide whether we release him or not, no-one can force us to

Am I the only one who'd be sad to see Kodi go?
To be honest I've always liked Kniks competitive nature but we've never settled on a position for him. I mean that due to his size he either plays halfback or not at all and he seems to be just short by a little in the skillset required for the NRL. I understand the argument for a role as a sub and see it's merit and hopefully he can find a place in the Warriors and maybe his role can tailored to his strengths.

Active Now

• Stix
  • bazza
  • Jazza
  • Mustafur
  • Brocko
  • dasherhalo
  • Sproj
  • Organix
  • MrTickyMcG
  • cento
  • Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Santa
  • Morkel
  • Nerd
  • Aldo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.