NEWS Kotoni Staggs is ready to punch the shit out of anyone

Brisbane's own Kotoni Staggs is about to join the long list of NRL wannabe pugilists, signing a deal to make his ring debut on Paul Gallen's undercard in December. Staggs was hit up by Tim Tszyu's promoters Matt and George Rose, and Kevvie's given it all the a-okay.

Screenc scalefl progressiveq 80w 800

Talk shit, get hit

George Rose:

“We are excited to get someone as talented as Kotoni Staggs in the ring. He is a super football player and now he will get the opportunity to do something different in the off-season. We are pretty excited to see him fight and I’m sure plenty of other league fans are keen to see how Kotoni goes. The Broncos have approved it. It’s a good opportunity for Kotoni to stay fit. When most people are having a break, he will be keeping his body in great condition and doing something different to test himself."

“Kotoni has had a little bit of amateur experience but this is totally different to what he is used to doing. Boxing is great for fitness training, but jumping in the ring is very different. To take the next step and jump in the ring is a huge commitment. Kotoni is a great athlete so he could be explosive in the ring. We haven’t found an opponent yet for Kotoni. The date will be early December and Kotoni will appear on the Paul Gallen card, we are still sorting out locations and an opponent for Gallen.”

McHunt

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Not a fan, he’ll probably get concussed and then have concussion issues.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Kotoni won't be fighting after cutting his hand at training.

George Rose:

“Unfortunately Kotoni will no longer be fighting. We were looking forward to Kotoni making his boxing debut but we understand the Broncos must be his priority and he wants a good pre-season after the injuries he suffered last year. Hopefully we can get Kotoni in the ring at a later date.”

Chopper Burgess:

“Kotoni said, ‘How come you keep hitting me’. I said, ‘Because you are wide open, keep your guard up. I’ve spent the past two weeks with a number of the Broncos boys, including Payne Haas, Kotoni and Kobe Hetherington, and the boxing training is a good test of their fitness.”

Walters:

“It’s nice to see Kotoni back training with us. Last year, Kotoni wasn’t doing what he is doing now due to his recovery from a knee reconstruction,, so it’s good to have him back around the group.”

McHunt

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Kotoni won't be fighting after cutting his hand at training.

George Rose:

“Unfortunately Kotoni will no longer be fighting. We were looking forward to Kotoni making his boxing debut but we understand the Broncos must be his priority and he wants a good pre-season after the injuries he suffered last year. Hopefully we can get Kotoni in the ring at a later date.”

Chopper Burgess:

“Kotoni said, ‘How come you keep hitting me’. I said, ‘Because you are wide open, keep your guard up. I’ve spent the past two weeks with a number of the Broncos boys, including Payne Haas, Kotoni and Kobe Hetherington, and the boxing training is a good test of their fitness.”

Walters:

“It’s nice to see Kotoni back training with us. Last year, Kotoni wasn’t doing what he is doing now due to his recovery from a knee reconstruction,, so it’s good to have him back around the group.”

McHunt
My first thought was the club stopped him but then that Chopper quote makes me think Katoni realised he can’t fight.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • mystico
  • leon.bott
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • dasherhalo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Culhwch
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Waynesaurus
  • Battler
  • FACTHUNT
  • Harry Sack
  • Rambstien
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.