Kurt Capewell is overrated

Hoshsie

Hoshsie

NYC Player
Apr 6, 2022
This man is by far one of the most overrated players in the game, he had one good origin game where he did one lucky ass kick and line break against the worst NSW backline I have ever seen, was an interchange reserve for most of his career and if you look at his entire Penrith career he was constantly overshadowed by Kikau and holding Liam Martin back from a starting spot which didn’t matter cause Capewell is injury prone as hell, not to mention every broncos player whether it would be a staff member, coach or player saying he’s an experienced leader, wtf? This guy just misses tackles, knocks the ball on and can’t defend to save his life plus he is slow and offers literally nothing in attack and Looks gassed af after he makes his first tackle, how can you call this bloke experienced when 4 years ago no one knew who he was nor did anyone care, David Fifita played origin before him. So did Payne and bloody Corey Allan at the same time as him, how is he experienced, I’ve only noticed him the last 4 years and that’s a stretch, Corey Oates is more of a leader and more experienced but doesn’t get anywhere near the same praise, don’t get me wrong capewell seems like a good guy and I respect the staff talking about him in such a high regard but I don’t see it

It's not going to be a popular opinion on here, but I do agree he's kind of overrated too. He was probably brought in to help with the professionalism change that the Broncos have needed (and still need).

Depends how he is rated in general. He is rightly involved in the QLD side, due to his ability and our lack of other options. I think he is a really good bench option for QLD. His form to finish the year was really bad, but he is still our best backrower.

Has a good looking **** on him though.

I think it is hard to say because early in the season he was really good. Late in the season he was looking totally busted. Let's see how he goes with a refreshed offseason behind him.

He was a culture signing to help show some of these young blokes the ropes. I think his performances were a bit underwhelming tbh, but i wouldnt say he was overrated.

If he was on 700k+ you'd say so maybe even 600k but he's on like 450k.
His experience leadership is his maturity, he's been in premiership systems he knows what level the standards need to be to be on top.
He wasn't signed to be David Fifita.

I think it is hard to say because early in the season he was really good. Late in the season he was looking totally busted. Let's see how he goes with a refreshed offseason behind him.

being totally busted has a tendency to make you look totally busted 😉

I wouldn't say he's up there with the most overrated players, but when it comes to backrowers the Broncos have definitely had their share of better in the past.

Knew how to find a gap earlier in the season. Towards the end he was a bit busted and other teams managed to negate it. Hope he finds all them gaps again.

Agree that he's overrated, I don't think he was much of an upgrade on Alex Glenn at all if I'm being honest.

I understand the guy was playing busted, but he was playing with feet for hands in the latter half of the season.

He comes across as a real nice guy and I'm sure having around the younger guys has helped more than hindered.

Well I started this thread earlier in the season and nobody said shit.

@McHunt and @Foordy were even the only 2 to like a complimentary post I made about him.

some common ground guys? Get to it you two, pm each other to discuss. Kurt capewell could be bhq’s Christmas miracle yet.

Agree that he's overrated, I don't think he was much of an upgrade on Alex Glenn at all if I'm being honest.
Fair comment.......younger I guess

He'll be around longer

to mediocre it up...... 😉

Well I started this thread earlier in the season and nobody said shit.

I don't think anyone really gave a **** TBH.....your thread was only a page long. 😉

Dusting off the meme I made in pre-season, holds true.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • leon.bott
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bazza
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.