Langer & Webcke are the assistant coaches

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
So channel 7 sport said.

So there is not link as yet.

Webcke is the surprise.

Unless they meant assistant to the coach.

Webcke isn't such a suprise as Alfie.
Isn't Shane the forwards coach atm anyhow.

I love it.I think Alf will be a reason for players stay.He will bring fun into the team as Tallis was saying the other night and who better than Webcke and his love of the club,the respect that the players have for him.WOW!!!Henjak and boys are making me feel a little better about losing Bennett.Going to be a good ride in 09.
Webcke said not long ago he would love to coach in the future so maybe down the track he will be the headcoach of our club.

My guess is as good as yours ,
Webcke would be a great mentor-type coach, helping out the young guns and such, but I don't think he'd be the best tactic/skills wise, so head coach would be a BIG CALL... maybe far far down the track after years of learning, but would webbie really want to go down that track? I see Locky or Langer perphaps if they wanted to do it, but I can't imagine them either... I reckon Locky is one of those players who would just disappear and live his own life, unless he missed it all too much. would love to see him coach though

Yes apparently Webcke would love to go down that track and I didn't say it was going to be tomorrow. [eusa_doh

He said after some time out of the game and thinking about it he has decided he would love to coach and at the moment WB had nothing to worry about as he has to do his apprenticeship first.Maybe this is it.

[eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi

If ppl like Hannant and Taylor dont stay knowing they have Alfie and Webcke to talk to then they are just crazy, or money hungry.

spoonbled said:
If ppl like Hannant and Taylor dont stay knowing they have Alfie and Webcke to talk to then they are just crazy, or money hungry.

Yeah they were Broncos legends but they have wafer thin CV's. I am happy enough to have ex players involved but lasy time it happened (Walters, Lazarus, Belcher) it back fired badly. Just hope they got it right this time.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
spoonbled said:

Yeah they were Broncos legends but they have wafer thin CV's. I am happy enough to have ex players involved but lasy time it happened (Walters, Lazarus, Belcher) it back fired badly. Just hope they got it right this time.

Yeah but differant coach this time.Those guys played under Bennett as their coach.Looking great I reckon.
So pleased Shane is back. icon_smile

yeh but we all know how crap lazzo was at his job. Webcke wont be the same.

spoonbled said:
yeh but we all know how crap lazzo was at his job. Webcke wont be the same.

We can only hope, just hope he is being hired because he has shown merit in interviews/discussions/training sessions not because he put his hand up and is a club legend.

Just think what you have written FGS!!!!The bloke is a great role model for the kids.Expresses himself without B.S.(cept when he stands beside that dick national party leader which makes me cringe).Been around the game long enough and I am sure Henjak would have known who he wanted as his offsiders.

Two living legend of the club helping the young and up and coming players to learn the game. I can't think of two better former players to learn the trade from. Webcke is a smart man and such an inspiration, bloke like Hannant and Taylor look up to him. As for Langer we all know how good he is, leaning with tradition a halfback should be able to teach all the players a lot about the game.

Kee said:
Isn't Shane the forwards coach atm anyhow.

Not technically - he does some work with the forward on occassion, more of a consultant than a coach. I think he's a great person to keep around the club and will be very beneficial to the future forwards on the field (and all the players off the field) in whatever capacity he remains involved. Also pretty sure I have heard him say in interviews around the time Bennett announced he was leaving that he never wants to be a Head Coach

Grumpy Webcke will be a revelation as the forwards coach, Alfie I will reserve my judgement as like Kevie I just see the joker in him and wonder how he go being serious.

With this 2 as assistants at least Henjack will not feel any pressure for his job from within which is a good thing IMO. Well done Ivan and good luck for 2009 and beyond. [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi

I think guys like Hannant, Clinton and Taylor will really benefit by having Webcke around them on a more permanent basis. (that is if we keep Hannant [icon_pray. )

If Hannant is smart hes waiting till after origin to see if he gets picked so his value goes up, Taylor will go imo.......

Brisbane greats Allan Langer and Shane Webcke have been approached to join the Broncos coaching staff under Ivan Henjak, and Langer can’t wait to get back to the club.

Broncos chief executive Bruno Cullen has opened negotiations with both former players in a bid to strengthen the club’s coaching staff for next season. Assistant coach Henjak is set to take over from Wayne Bennett at the end of the year, after Bennett’s successful 21-year reign at the club.

Langer has helped out Bennett as a halves consultant in the past, similar to the role Andrew Johns has played with a number of clubs this season, but is excited about the prospect of a larger coaching role.

“There have been some fairly brief conversations and nothing is set in concrete, but I am very keen to be involved,†Langer told The Australian.

“Getting back into a coaching role at the club is something which really interests me. I guess we are just in talks about what role it is they want me to play next season and we will go from there.â€Â

Langer, who won four premierships at the Broncos, also boasts some high profile coaching experience having been involved with the Australian Test team alongside Ricky Stuart and John Cartwright.

“Getting the chance to work alongside Ricky and John Cartwright and taking pointers from the way they do things and the way they look at things has been fantastic,†Langer said.

For Cullen’s part, bringing back two Brisbane legends would be a great step towards replacing the “irreplaceable†Bennett.

“Wayne has been such huge figure and such a major presence at the club for so long, it is impossible to think any one person is going to come straight in and fill that,†Cullen said.

“But I think bringing back two guys like Allan Langer and Shane Webcke is going to help enormously.â€Â

http://rugbyleaguelive.com.au/Articles/ ... staff.aspx

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • MasterWright
  • Culhwch
  • Johnny92
  • Mister Wright
  • Browny
  • BroncosAlways
  • Manofoneway
  • Behind enemy lines
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.