Latest sporting fiasco

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I wasn't sure whether this should go in General Talk or the AFL section admins, so if I have made the wrong choice I do apologise. I note the latest sport/sex/crime saga coming out of Victoria which if anything surpasses anything we have heard from the NRL this year. Is it me, or does there seem to be a really biased reporting of issues like this between the AFL and the NRL. If this was a league team, you could imagine that there would be headlines for days, front and back page. The press always seem to go lighter on the AFL about such issues. Do you agree of disagree. Is there an agenda against league among some journalists?

lynx000 said:
I wasn't sure whether this should go in General Talk or the AFL section admins, so if I have made the wrong choice I do apologise. I note the latest sport/sex/crime saga coming out of Victoria which if anything surpasses anything we have heard from the NRL this year. Is it me, or does there seem to be a really biased reporting of issues like this between the AFL and the NRL. If this was a league team, you could imagine that there would be headlines for days, front and back page. The press always seem to go lighter on the AFL about such issues. Do you agree of disagree. Is there an agenda against league among some journalists?

What happened?

But before even hearing it - yes, reporting is biased coming out of Vic - they seem to understand the importance of not destroying the reputation of your sport, something sydney has yet to catch on to

A pack rape allegation in a reserve grade AFL comp. Apparently charges (and footballers) are being laid.

If it was actually AFL grade players their would be a lot more headlines...

TBH, reserve grade stuff should attract serious attention - I am sure we have all seen that high school NRL fight, where that kid gets smashed numerous times, and that was kids, let alone actually connected with a club

I also think there will be less reporting in Qld on Aussie Rules things than Rugby League things. It's probably getting a lot of coverage in Vic. It's the same as a lot of the RL incidents don't get a whole lot of coverage in the Vic/SA/WA media

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.