Lee Briers - opinions

Redfern_1980

Redfern_1980

NYC Player
Jun 21, 2024
Hi, bunnies fan here, hoping to get your opinions on Lee Briers and if he is any good. He is coming to the Rabbitohs next year (you guys prob already know this) thanks to Uncle Wayne.

I believe he is your attacking skills coach? Our attack needs all the help it can get so hopefully this bloke can work some magic. Last year you blokes were sensational in attack so if he was responsible for tactics looks like he knows his stuff.

Hi, bunnies fan here, hoping to get your opinions on Lee Briers and if he is any good. He is coming to the Rabbitohs next year (you guys prob already know this) thanks to Uncle Wayne.

I believe he is your attacking skills coach? Our attack needs all the help it can get so hopefully this bloke can work some magic. Last year you blokes were sensational in attack so if he was responsible for tactics looks like he knows his stuff.
Think he's great*

* = this opinion is 100% dependent on him having reece walsh and Adam Reynolds in the team, otherwise our attack is shit...

Think he's great*

* = this opinion is 100% dependent on him having reece walsh and Adam Reynolds in the team, otherwise our attack is shit...
Yeah this is my concern with us, we have no speed to speak of really. I think Wayne got him to the bunnies to work specifically with fellow Englishman Lewis Dodd so maybe he and Trell can work up some combos similar to Reyno and Walsh last year.

Comiserations to Briers when he steps into the role of coach after Wayne leaves, a situation which usually ends horribly for the bloke taking over.

If he was smart he'd do time under Wayne and then get the **** out.

Well ,,, this is a major development .
Briers and Cartwright both leaving the ship . The attack coach and the forwards coach off to greener pastures . Joining the tackling coach in leaving Kevvies coaching team .
Very interested to see the replacements and if the Broncos continue to fail will the replacements come in early ?

Comiserations to Briers when he steps into the role of coach after Wayne leaves, a situation which usually ends horribly for the bloke taking over.

If he was smart he'd do time under Wayne and then get the **** out.
I don't think Briers is being considered for any head coaching role in the future with us mate. Purely as attacking coach and to work with the new halfback Dodd. Wayne obviously was impressed with what he did for your fellas last year.

Will eventually be Sam Burgess who comes back in an assistant coach role capacity and will then take over from Wayne when he's finished.

Well ,,, this is a major development .
Briers and Cartwright both leaving the ship . The attack coach and the forwards coach off to greener pastures . Joining the tackling coach in leaving Kevvies coaching team .
Very interested to see the replacements and if the Broncos continue to fail will the replacements come in early ?
Yep was thinking similar... Briers and Cartwright out are big replacements to fill in the context of potential changes to styles that the team will need to adapt to.

Ultimately it's an opportunity to refresh the team and will be important appointments.... however we haven't got the smartest bunch of blokes in the squad footy IQ side of things... so newer modern styles could also collapse the squad (refer Seibold years).

I think that was one of the benefits to Briers is that he improved the footy IQ of the players... he had us running forwards in pairs and emphasised supports ... Patty has ascended to one of the best locks going around and also saw an improvement in Haas' ballplaying

I wonder if Ballin will get a promotion?? I think he's been in the Qld setup?? and was part of the successful manly system during his playing days ... so he seems a possible promotion to defensive coach and potentially has a more modern take on it?? (Dessie defensive style)

Attack coach I'm not sure... I wonder who is heading up the scouting of potential replacements... I'm sure DD has connections he could lean on, but does he try to stay separate from it and leave it to the football department??

Yep was thinking similar... Briers and Cartwright out are big replacements to fill in the context of potential changes to styles that the team will need to adapt to.

Ultimately it's an opportunity to refresh the team and will be important appointments.... however we haven't got the smartest bunch of blokes in the squad footy IQ side of things... so newer modern styles could also collapse the squad (refer Seibold years).

I think that was one of the benefits to Briers is that he improved the footy IQ of the players... he had us running forwards in pairs and emphasised supports ... Patty has ascended to one of the best locks going around and also saw an improvement in Haas' ballplaying

I wonder if Ballin will get a promotion?? I think he's been in the Qld setup?? and was part of the successful manly system during his playing days ... so he seems a possible promotion to defensive coach and potentially has a more modern take on it?? (Dessie defensive style)

Attack coach I'm not sure... I wonder who is heading up the scouting of potential replacements... I'm sure DD has connections he could lean on, but does he try to stay separate from it and leave it to the football department??

Ballin is defence already- Cartwright is ruck defence and attack.

I guess you gotta change every now and then to keep things from going stale.

Whoever comes in, I hope they prioritise getting the fundamentals right instead of scoring a try from 80 metres away.

I don't think Briers is being considered for any head coaching role in the future with us mate. Purely as attacking coach and to work with the new halfback Dodd. Wayne obviously was impressed with what he did for your fellas last year.

Will eventually be Sam Burgess who comes back in an assistant coach role capacity and will then take over from Wayne when he's finished.

I wouldnt rule out Willie Peters rocking up Souths either if Hull KR keep improving like they have.

We're losing Briers? Shit. Why don't we spend on coaches? The one thing we can spend on and we don't.
it's part of the cap these days, otherwise there would be no excuse we could pay head coach money for our coaching staff easily.

Active Now

• Pigskin
  • winslow_wong
  • Dexter
  • Manofoneway
  • simplythebest
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • Dash
  • BroncosAlways
  • pennywisealfie
  • Jazza
  • theshed
  • achievedrap
  • Morkel
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  • Confidor
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • bb_gun
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.