Lee Briers - opinions

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
We wanna be chasing Steve Price who is currently an assistant at the Sharks. He could really help.

R

Redfern_1980

Jun 21, 2024
You blokes should be throwing everything at Brad Arthur to come in as an assistant. Only problem I guess is Kevvie might feel a bit threatened that if things go pear-shaped, Brad could take his job.

I see Rohan Smith parted ways with Leeds this week so he would be another one you blokes should be looking at bringing in.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
I'd love to get Josh Hannay in and whoever the Panthers' defense coach is - in fact throw the cheque book at whoever is Panthers' defense coach.

Gus already did .
Ciraldo was the defence coach at the Panthers once upon .

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Will eventually be Sam Burgess who comes back in an assistant coach role capacity and will then take over from Wayne when he's finished.
Gonna need to wait for a few seasons for that to happen .
The blokes he got the sack over are still the heart of that team .

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
I don't think Briers is being considered for any head coaching role in the future with us mate. Purely as attacking coach and to work with the new halfback Dodd. Wayne obviously was impressed with what he did for your fellas last year.

Will eventually be Sam Burgess who comes back in an assistant coach role capacity and will then take over from Wayne when he's finished.
Sam Burgess isnt coming back to the bunnies bud. The way they shafted him there is no return for that especially with the current playing group.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Sad losing Briers. Seemed as though our whole game changed for the better when he arrived.
But it’s not been great this year. That said we can barely hold onto the ball

TimWhatley

TimWhatley

QCup Player
Dec 1, 2019
You blokes should be throwing everything at Brad Arthur to come in as an assistant. Only problem I guess is Kevvie might feel a bit threatened that if things go pear-shaped, Brad could take his job.

I see Rohan Smith parted ways with Leeds this week so he would be another one you blokes should be looking at bringing in.
Heard Brad Arthur say on the radio he'd never be an assistant

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Then he probably doesn't have a pathway back to a head coaching job in the NRL.
Yes he does. He is still a pretty good coach and there are still teams out there that will be looking for the Brad Arthur edge to their teams. **** I think if some teams had vacancies right now he would walk into the Tigers, Knights, Cowboys & Manly jobs.

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
Yes he does. He is still a pretty good coach and there are still teams out there that will be looking for the Brad Arthur edge to their teams. **** I think if some teams had vacancies right now he would walk into the Tigers, Knights, Cowboys & Manly jobs.
He might walk into some jobs if they came up now but currently there aren't any.
In a couple of years it will be Brad who? if he is not involved in a coaching role with a club somewhere.
Former coaches like flanagan and cartwright have taken on assistant roles while waiting for another opportunity which they have now got.
Being an assistant also keeps your name in front of people's mind and around the game generally.
I think Athur needs to do the same.

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.