Let the off season review begin

I got your point.

My point was that with Staggs we had no choice. Your examples of Cobbo and then assuming that’s the case for all the signings as being “the problem” was to suit whatever agenda you want to pursue.

Staggs, there was no other option for us.

Arguably yes. We seem to have a mindset that we cant lose any of our big names or promising players even if its detrimental to the make up of our cap. Our recruitment needs to be better.
Well we don’t back our recruitment. We completely freak out and start throwing money away.

In the conversation from the last 20 or so years:
JYY, B.Morris, origin Gagai, origin Hayne (I know, I know), To'o, early career Crichton, early career Folau, early career Inglis, Tupou, Johnston, Storm version Addo-Carr, Sing, Tuqiri, Mulitalo (I know, I hate it too), Warriors DWZ, Isaako, rep level Tate, Sailor, Radradra, peak Sivo

Who am I missing?
Out of that list nearly everyone has their own attribute that is better than the guy next to them it's hard to say who is the complete package, the team their involved in and how that team plays has a factor on it to.

On another note what's happened to the broncos production line of wingers? Apart from Oates who I always thought accidently found himself as a winger, the last genuine good wingers we produced were JYY, Kemp and maybe Issako.

Out of that list nearly everyone has their own attribute that is better than the guy next to them it's hard to say who is the complete package, the team their involved in and how that team plays has a factor on it to.

On another note what's happened to the broncos production line of wingers? Apart from Oates who I always thought accidently found himself as a winger, the last genuine good wingers we produced were JYY, Kemp and maybe Issako.

Josh Hoffman and Isaako would both have been excellent if they just put their efforts into being wingers.

We're stuck looking for Qlders to fill the void... look at origin there haven't been many standout wingers or centres in the Qld origin side and we're always struggling for depth in centre and wing.... and pretty much everywhere else on the field.

Maybe we should be looking at more Kiwis... not allowed to look at NSW'men apparently

We're stuck looking for Qlders to fill the void... look at origin there haven't been many standout wingers or centres in the Qld origin side and we're always struggling for depth in centre and wing.... and pretty much everywhere else on the field.

Maybe we should be looking at more Kiwis... not allowed to look at NSW'men apparently

No nswelshman. Kiwis are fine.

Thats actually a fair call. You could also probably throw Origin winger Val Holmes as well.
I’m gonna cop it for this but I actually think Hayne was the best winger if you purely count ceiling and not longevity in the position.

I’m gonna cop it for this but I actually think Hayne was the best winger if you purely count ceiling and not longevity in the position.

Hayne was great on the wing, totally agree with you. I suppose though if you are throwing in the likes of JYY, Folau, Izzy and Inglis into the mix as wingers they would probably all match him in terms of potential.

If we're going that way then I'd say GI all the way... he was basically elite at 18/19 when he first came into the league.

Can recall him just creating linebreaks in NRL from dummyhalf runs... and that's when he was the scrawny little string bean that just got into NRL.

In the conversation from the last 20 or so years:
JYY, B.Morris, origin Gagai, origin Hayne (I know, I know), To'o, early career Crichton, early career Folau, early career Inglis, Tupou, Johnston, Storm version Addo-Carr, Sing, Tuqiri, Mulitalo (I know, I hate it too), Warriors DWZ, Isaako, rep level Tate, Sailor, Radradra, peak Sivo

Who am I missing?
Feldt when the Broncos are the opposition.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • upthebroncs
  • Rambstien
  • lynx000
  • bb_gun
  • pagey
  • FACTHUNT
  • Tmac
  • Broncs1459
  • azza.79
  • Morkel
  • MrMoore
  • sooticus
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Griffo
  • Fitzy
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.