Mitchell
Burton
Staggs
Talakai
Crichton
Best
Wighton

So at least 8.

On paper they are ( although arguably Holmes last season was as good as most of that lot as a center ) but we know that doesnt matter in Origin.

I'm honestly struggling to find a likeable NSWelshman i'd want in a Maroon Jersey. Probably Tommy Turbo.

Steve Simpson.

Brett Kimmorley.

Ben Kennedy.

I especially hated Ben Kennedy at the time, but geez he could play.

Simpson and Kimmorley always seemed like good, honest blokes to me - they'd fit in well with the team from that era.

My memory is hazy, but I what I recall of Simpson is he was tough as nails, strong in defence and could run some smart lines too, and wasn't exactly a slouch in the speed stakes - the full package as a back-rower.

I've always been a fan of Noddy. Small in stature, but made a big impact for his teams. He is a textbook halfback.

Just looking at some of those NSW teams from the early 2000s, we all hated them, but the **** factor has increased tenfold as the years have gone on. In fact, across the whole NRL, I would say a lot more of the players are very unlikeable. Maybe it's because we learn more about them through social media and the saturated coverage of the game these days.

if i had to pick one it would be cliff lyon would have been interesting to see him play along side thurston

Different eras .
Cliffy was an 80s guy . Thurston a noughties guy . Different games in different eras .

5 metre vs 10 metre ..

Different eras .
Cliffy was an 80s guy . Thurston a noughties guy . Different games in different eras .

5 metre vs 10 metre ..
think lyon was still playing up till maybe 2 years ago

think lyon was still playing up till maybe 2 years ago
Are you serious? That borders on amazing.
he was a pack a day smoker when he played first grade. Have heard stories of him having them at halftime too.

Are you serious? That borders on amazing.
he was a pack a day smoker when he played first grade. Have heard stories of him having them at halftime too.
yeah was still running around i think in some local comps even some tag stuff iirc
might have been mentioned on a matty johns interview with him or something

NSW centres better than anything QLD has:
TTurbo
Mitchell
Burton
Staggs
Talakai
Crichton
Best
Wighton

So at least 8.
Based on last season I'd take Holmes over at least half those players. He was easily the best centre of the '22 series.

I'd have Capewell over at least one of them too just quietly.

Based on last season I'd take Holmes over at least half those players. He was easily the best centre of the '22 series.

I'd have Capewell over at least one of them too just quietly.
Talakai, best I would take Holmes and Capewell over

Active Now

• Fozz
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • heartly87
  • Broncosgirl
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Midean
  • HarryAllan7
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • kiwi2
  • theshed
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.