Lewis re-signs with Panthers.

spoonbled said:
the move isnt for the fans its for the money, thats why they play at ANZ. Fans arent entered into the equation anymore.

My cousin is a close friend of Crowe and told me that Russ wants to stay put (if they can)

Big whoop. Rusty is there, what, 3 games a year?

His club is on life support from ANZ Stadium. He's not alone, so are a bunch of others.

Holy! Not so much the news alone, but also the fact that it was flagged in RLW and I can't remember the last time a big tip of theirs was spot on! Heh.

You have to wonder about the whole scrapping of the June 30 thing though. See, it was also revealed that there is a "cooling off" period until Round 13, and players can't officially sign any contracts before that. So it's just basically the same thing as before really... players used to definitely make handshake agreements prior to June 30 before signing. Only difference now is that they can make those agreements public.

Yet it's only round 12? Hmm.

BTW, re: Souths relocating and not being able to do it unless the members vote...first thing Rusty should've done when he took control of the club is TAKE CONTROL OF THE CLUB. Stop the idiots running the asylum.

How many voting members actually go to the games?

I have a major problem with member-owned clubs in a professional sport. I would make it the number 1 requirement of any club obtaining an NRL license is that the board of directors have sole decision making power.

And yes, I want the NRL to make the decision that all current licenses are null and void after 2011, and that applications for licenses can begin now and they must meet all criteria.

Sound familiar? This time don't make the mistake of letting some clubs survive despite not meeting criteria. If they say there are 12 licenses available but 14 meet the criteria, let 14 in. Don't lock down an arbitrary number.

/rant

Coxy said:

Exactly. He couldn't sign the contract with a new club until after round 13, but is perfectly able to re-sign with his current club at any stage.

mick! said:
Coxy said:

Exactly. He couldn't sign the contract with a new club until after round 13, but is perfectly able to re-sign with his current club at any stage.

So how did Ben Hannant sign with the Bulldogs? eusa_think Is that condition applied to all players or just some? And did the Broncos grant permission to sign it? (They didn't make him an offer I guess).

Coxy said:
mick! said:
Coxy said:

So how did Ben Hannant sign with the Bulldogs? eusa_think Is that condition applied to all players or just some? And did the Broncos grant permission to sign it? (They didn't make him an offer I guess).

And how did we sign Izzy weeks ago???

Coxy said:
mick! said:
Coxy said:

I guess so. But is the contract fully signed up, or is it just an agreement, as such? But I'm assuming that, if the Broncos grant it, I guess it can happen.

He must have had to get some kind of approval from the Broncos before doing it.

Boys check on page 1 and you'll see that the deadline was scrapped in 2006.

I think the best thing to come out of this thread is Bree stating that 99.9% of Rabbitohs fans are either that stupid, or that stubborn, that they would rather see their team die, than at least be moved.

The fact of the matter is the "rabbitohs" (as they wouldnt be south sydney anymore) would move to the central coast they would die anyway. I'm sorry but most people I know who go to the footy cannot afford to drive to the central coast every second week to watch the "rabbits" play. The Central coasters wouldn't like it because they want their own team, not one which is re-located.

On the fact that Rusty should have full control?? I think it is good that the fans have some say in their club. Basically with us if they wanna re-located, change the colours/logo, team song and something else it was, they have to go to a members vote. Personally I think that is fair enough however some others don't agree.

I could go on forever but there is no point. If any of you wanted the full story no doubt you would have it and understand what I am going on about. The rest of you are tucked away in your little shell and are too stubborn to listen to what anyone else has to say. But thats fine....I expect that here ;)

The Rabbits members are going to vote for their club to slowly die, they have to move end of story or they will be gone. The NRL have to start throwing punches sooner or later and Souths are about the easiest target for them right now, the club is a joke and the way it is run is so regressive and old fashioned.

Unread

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Big Del
  • leon.bott
  • heartly87
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Battler
  • mystico
  • mrslong
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Galah
  • Brocko
  • MrMoore
  • Fitzy
  • eazy-duzzit
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosAlways
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.