Lewis re-signs with Panthers.

P

Pumba

BRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
The Panthers are excited to announce they have secured the signature of Luke Lewis on a 4 year deal with the club.

“I’m very pleased that Luke has been able to extend his tenure with the Panthers,†CEO Michael Leary said.

“Luke has been one of our most versatile players this year and is performing well. It is satisfying to see a local junior play good football with Panthers.â€Â

http://penrith.panthers.com.au/default. ... icleID=772

Poor Souths [icon_lol1.

Wow all sources had him penciled in at souths, seems they can't be trusted!!

the Honeymoon is over for souths.. the can only get worse from hear on end. When they came back into the comp they should have been placed on the central coast

well they'll have more money to steal some of the Broncos like every1 else is doing.

Moon can go there and play 5/8 inside wing

draggx said:
Moon can go there and play 5/8 inside wing

He would stay here for peanuts again if thats his only offer [icon_lol1., he turned down the Storm why the hell would he go to Souths. He would get a fair go anyway.

The fact of the matter is basically no players can sign a contract before some certain date...so if their current club put forward a counter offer he was still allowed to take it.

Playboy Bunny said:
The fact of the matter is basically no players can sign a contract before some certain date...so if their current club put forward a counter offer he was still allowed to take it.

Actually I thought they withdrew that rule a season or two back eusa_think Seem to remember Scott Prince signing the deal with the Titans before the season even began and went on the play the whole season for the Tigers.

Jebadude said:
Playboy Bunny said:

Actually I thought they withdrew that rule a season or two back eusa_think Seem to remember Scott Prince signing the deal with the Titans before the season even began and went on the play the whole season for the Tigers.

yep the the Anti-Tampering deadline got scrapped in 2006. O'Mealey signed with the Roosters over 12 months beforehand. We've signed Izzy. etc etc

So it's a case of poor management by Souths then. As it was with the Titans.

Jebadude said:
Playboy Bunny said:

Thats what I thought as well but apparently not?? [icon_shru

I find this situation a little strange seeing as I swear Lewis signed a 4 year deal with souths worth like 400K a year.

Oh well, just gives souths another reason to re-locate I guess, or get kicked out of the comp!

I love the fact how people just say we'll re-locate.

I can tell you there is no way we will re-locate. How do I know?? Because the vote goes out to the members and i can probably say that 99.9% of people will vote not to re-locate. Especially if they keep saying to Gosford. It cost us $45 in petrol to drive to Gosford last week. They won't be pulling crowds with those sorts of expenses.

Playboy Bunny said:
I love the fact how people just say we'll re-locate.

I can tell you there is no way we will re-locate. How do I know?? Because the vote goes out to the members and i can probably say that 99.9% of people will vote not to re-locate. Especially if they keep saying to Gosford. It cost us $45 in petrol to drive to Gosford last week. They won't be pulling crowds with those sorts of expenses.

But if the Bunnies completely relocate to the Central Coast. (i.e train, play games, live, have the football offices there) then i would be willing to bet that the "Central Coast Rabbitohs" would get a new support base and would get decent crowds to the games.

Jeza23 said:
I find this situation a little strange seeing as I swear Lewis signed a 4 year deal with souths worth like 400K a year.

Oh well, just gives souths another reason to re-locate I guess, or get kicked out of the comp!
Sounds like the same situation as Steve Turner. He said he would sign, however never actually put pen to paper.

bfoord - I don't know if that would happen. The CC want their own team not one to relocate there. I'm pretty sure Manly did that a couple of years a go when they were the 'Northern Eagles'. Biggest bunch of crap to ever form, closely followed my St Merge. The CC'ers didn't take to them moving up there very well and it fell flat on its face. I know there are a decent amount of Bunnies fans up the CC but not enough to pull in the crowds.

the move isnt for the fans its for the money, thats why they play at ANZ. Fans arent entered into the equation anymore.

My cousin is a close friend of Crowe and told me that Russ wants to stay put (if they can)

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • Jazza
  • Foordy
  • Morkel
  • Brocko
  • Midean
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • FACTHUNT
  • thenry
  • Huge
  • Strop
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • Stix
  • ChewThePhatt
  • lynx000
  • Xzei
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.