Life After Broncos

Bronco

Bronco

Aug 1, 2013
Biggest mistake Broncos made was signing Prince! Should have kept Norman at the 5/8, (he didn't do a bad job last year) besides Hoffmann was having a blinder at the fullback role, as he is on the wing this year we need to sign less forwards and halves, with Wallace & Prince leaving, I'd go all out for Cherry Evans and potentially Smith, Smith can play the 5/8 role but it'd be silly to pull him out the 9 jersey, McCullogh's got a big future, the last thing we want to do is become a team where we're buying players rather than growing them in our own backyard! & we don't want to let go of players aswell, because no one really finds success after they leave Broncos; example..

- Dave Taylor
- Brett Seymour
- Antonio Winterstein
- Darius Boyd (Debatable because Bennett the Great's still pulling him around)
- Gerald Beale
- Ben Te'o (Debatable again, only because he has a good supporting cast at souths, still no where as good as what he was at Broncos)
- Shaun Berrigan

Re: Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Biggest mistake Broncos made was signing Prince! Should have kept Norman at the 5/8, (he didn't do a bad job last year) besides Hoffmann was having a blinder at the fullback role, as he is on the wing this year we need to sign less forwards and halves, with Wallace & Prince leaving, I'd go all out for Cherry Evans and potentially Smith, Smith can play the 5/8 role but it'd be silly to pull him out the 9 jersey, McCullogh's got a big future, the last thing we want to do is become a team where we're buying players rather than growing them in our own backyard! & we don't want to let go of players aswell, because no one really finds success after they leave Broncos; example..

- Dave Taylor
- Brett Seymour
- Antonio Winterstein
- Gerald Beale
- Ben Te'o (Debatable again, only because he has a good supporting cast at souths, still no where as good as what he was at Broncos)
- Shaun Berrigan

Agree with some of them but IMO Boyd is a far better play now then he ever was at the Broncos. Neville Costigan was ok at the Broncos but not as good as he was a few years ago. Scott Prince is a perfect example. His time at the Broncos was plagued with injury but at the Tigers he was great and won a comp.

Agree with some of them but IMO Boyd is a far better play now then he ever was at the Broncos. Neville Costigan was ok at the Broncos but not as good as he was a few years ago. Scott Prince is a perfect example. His time at the Broncos was plagued with injury but at the Tigers he was great and won a comp.

Leroy Lahs was ok with the Broncos also but definitely played his best footy at the Raiders a few years ago.

I'd say Taylor improved for a while too. Winterstein definitely improved at the Cowboys.

Trevor Gillmeister, Chris McKenna, Justin Hodges, Glenn Lazarus, Scott Prince, Luke Priddis, Michael Ennis, Ben Hannant, Darius Boyd, Brad Thorn, Berrick Barnes, Dave Taylor etc. say differently

Although with the latter I believe he settled into a comfort zone. 2009 was his best form for my money. Now he's just a flat track bully.

Reece Robinson improved out of sight.

karmichael hunt it killing it, financially

- Dave Taylor
- Brett Seymour
- Antonio Winterstein
- Gerald Beale
- Shaun Berrigan

Hoffman wasnt killing it at fullback last year. In fact he was stinking up the joint.

Also, we want to get OUT of the mentality of growing all our players, not into it more.

Tom Lehroyd-Lahrs was epic for the Raiders for a couple of years.

Steve Michaels went on to be a superstar. oh hang on.......

Hoffman was doing a pretty good job, better than what Norman was, I don't think buying in players and becoming a team like Parramatta, buy Chrissy Sandow & Reni and they don't perform because they're on the big $$$

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Kev_Guz
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
  • Battler
  • Hurrijo
  • Brocko
  • Gaz
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • something
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  • Behold
  • Harry Sack
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.