Local Brisbane Footy Teams To Join

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I was just wondering if anyone still plays footy in Brisbane? I'm looking to get back into it after I get a bit more fit and maybe a little bigger (only 73kgs) and was wondering about the quality of competitions here because to be honest, I'm not very good and haven't played since I was 14. I'm 24 now. I live in Manly West so it seems that there's plenty of teams around me as well.

how tall are you?

I was considering playing a few years ago, then i realized at 170cm and 74kg I would probably end up an ambulance after my first game (plus I hadn't played since I was 12).

not to discourage you lol, i just came to the realization I didn't really have the body dimensions to play unless I packed on 10kg of muscle

I'm 178cms tall. I could easily pack on 10kgs of muscle if I get into it. I'm looking at starting next year so there's plenty of time.

I often think the same thing. Then I'll see a Maori at the shops, looking like 130gk of muscle, and think "if he's on the other team I'll end up a stain".

[MENTION=2021]broncospwn[/MENTION] may have some idea. If memory serves he played in an amaeteur league a couple of years ago.

I wouldn't mind getting details either. I'm open to playing League again after I spent my last ever Rugby game playing touch judge. :laugh:

My former club has been closed down :( They can't get any funding, but they're actually hoping to be back next year.

Easiest way to find a club now is to go to Locator « Play NRL and type in your postcode.

Ring up a few of the clubs, tell them you're interested in signing up, and what your experience level is like and they'll generally tell you if you're going to be suitable or they'll point you in the right direction.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • The True King
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ostin86
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • BroncosMan
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Johnny92
  • Kev_Guz
  • Battler
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.