NEWS Lockyer: buy in or risk being binned

Hopefully the point of that release was to tell us we are in the market for a half which hopefully means also that this ridiculous milf to 1 bullshit is about to end so we can see him light up the field beside a proper half. I think a Cronk type half is more important than a val Holmes fullback. I'd take both but if it cake to money, get a top tier half and a developing but promising fullback (like Drinkwater, papanfuckin, style). Once we have milf in a position to concentrate on running off the back of this forward pack and not trying to organise anything we will be a prem threat.
Yip leaving aside a gun FB more a minute. If we have a decent organizing 7, Turps and Seggy creating/running out of dummy half and Milf free to pick and choose when to run and when to kick our attack looks a whole lot better. Then add a FB that can also run off our gun totting pack of forwards and we have increased our avenues of attack by 300% easily.

Maybe @1910 or @Wolfie can fill us in with their extensive knowledge but does Farnworth/Nui/Coates have the nous and skill to be our FB next year?

Yip leaving aside a gun FB more a minute. If we have a decent organizing 7, Turps and Seggy creating/running out of dummy half and Milf free to pick and choose when to run and when to kick our attack looks a whole lot better. Then add a FB that can also run off our gun totting pack of forwards and we have increased our avenues of attack by 300% easily.

Maybe @1910 or @Wolfie can fill us in with their extensive knowledge but does Farnworth/Nui/Coates have the nous and skill to be our FB next year?

I havent seen as much of them as @1910, but i dont think any are ready for fullback next year. I've gone on record in the past about Nui, i dont think he will ever be good enough ( hope i'm wrong though ) Coates i think needs a full year in ISC. Herbie i think needs to come into our side on the wing for now.

Farnsworth can be our Papenhuezen type fullback. Think about that for a second.

They're both tall lanky and explosive with speed to burn. I truly believe we can nurture and teach Farnsworth fullback play.

Plus, if we also gain a game managing half with experience (eg Townsend) we'd 110% be on the right path.

Herbie easily out of those choices. Even then wouldn’t be confident yet, maybe in 12 months. I like his finishing and reading and anticipation so wouldn’t be moving him.
[automerge]1569107510[/automerge]

They're both tall lanky and explosive with speed to burn. I truly believe we can nurture and teach Farnsworth fullback play.

Plus, if we also gain a game managing half with experience (eg Townsend) we'd 110% be on the right path.

Herbie doesn’t pass and has fine tuned his finishing skills this year. Burdening him now would be a mistake.

Last edited:

Herbie is 6'3 and 100kg , pap's is 5'11 and 80kg .

Locky is on the board, so he's basically just clued us in to what they are planning.

Locky is part of the board so by definition part of the problem. He manages business like he played - takes zero responsibility or accountability.

Ffs if we want to get this shitshow back on the rails lets get some former greats on the board who actually care and will solve problems - Andrew Gee and Joe Kilroy where are you when we need you?

Last edited:

Active Now

• Wendall Taylor
  • Ondi
  • Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrTickyMcG
  • maddo
  • Dash
  • Maroon4life
  • HVbronco
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.