Lockyer: I want Bennett to teach me how to coach

That's great news. But I don't like the way he said that this year might be his last :(

King_Lockyer said:
That's great news. But I don't like the way he said that this year might be his last :(

I do. He can't last forever

He will make up his mind soon. I think he's waiting to see how he copes with another brutal start of the season...

Interesting passage:
"Knowing the tactics of the game and how to win is one thing, but it's also how to manage men that is probably more important."

I hope Locky has another season in him, but whether he does or not, I likewise believe he has plenty to offer in the coaching game, and he made it clear that he'll only do it at the Broncos! icon_thumbs_u

Hopefully Wallace improves on his form this season, so we can have a solid halves pair in him and Hunt once Locky retires...

I reckon this will be his last season, he has done enough time for a rest and to spend time with his family.

I just hope Lockyer isn't fast tracked into a head coaching role, the best players don't necessarily make the best head coaches. But time as an assistant under Bennett is probably the best scenario possible.

On a side note, hopefully the possibility of Locky retiring inspires the rest of the team to great heights this season.

forward_pass said:
[quote="The Rock":200j8cox]If Wayne returns in 2012, Lockyer will go again.

My thoughts to.[/quote:200j8cox]

And premiership in 2012 - the fairytale

We could only hope to be so lucky.

He sure does deserve it.

My thoughts on Locky coaching is thus. IMO the best option for him is when he hangs up the boots have 1 full year away from any hands on role and then if he is really really sure it's what he wants to do, come back and into coaching prepare to do his time coaching at lower levels - maybe starting as an assistant at a Q Cup club, then Head Coach Q Cup, then Assistant NRL club (and preferably not the Broncos - I firmly believe he needs get exposure/experience at another club) then finally when he is really ready an NRL Head Coach.

I know this is extremely unlikely as he and/or those around him will want the fast-track, but I truly think something similar to above where he serves a proper apprenticeship and at least partially outside the Broncos system would provide the best preparation for his success as a coach.

I am a Bronco and I would never change that ... I wouldn't see myself coaching another NRL club.

I love this

In one sentence he dismisses the hopes of other clubs and encourages Lockyer fans everywhere. Top bloke [icon_drun

Caniffe said:
In one sentence he dismisses the hopes of other clubs and encourages Lockyer fans everywhere. Top bloke [icon_drun

Bloody oath

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Hurrijo
  • lynx000
  • BroncoFan94
  • TimWhatley
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skyblues87
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Morkel
  • rj9
  • BruiserMk1
  • bert_lifts
  • Rookie Alan
  • Dash
  • Cavalo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Alec
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.