NEWS Lockyer on Reynolds and Broncos' one non-negotiable item in 2022

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
He should be what Tallis is for the Titans, just the odd puff piece, give him an ambassador salary maybe pop into training twice a year before big games.

And claim credit for signing any Fifita (goodness me there's enough of them in league these days).

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Frankly I'm shocked Locky went the executive rather than coaching route. If he sucks at negotiation and communicating, the logical thing to do is to go with the avenue that best suits your existing talents, and for him that's directing players and mentoring. So an assistant coach gig makes the most sense rather than sitting in a board room.

I'm guessing he did it for the money, but that is the least Locky sounding thing ever.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
And claim credit for signing any Fifita (goodness me there's enough of them in league these days).
People who claim credit for signing players or Fifita’s?

Every club gets a Fifita!

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Frankly I'm shocked Locky went the executive rather than coaching route. If he sucks at negotiation and communicating, the logical thing to do is to go with the avenue that best suits your existing talents, and for him that's directing players and mentoring. So an assistant coach gig makes the most sense rather than sitting in a board room.
Perhaps he's just one of those dudes that is born with it but can't really pass it on. Plenty of them exist.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008

I'm guessing he did it for the money, but that is the least Locky sounding thing ever.
Doesnt get paid that much for it compared to what he'd get elsewhere and even if he did, he wouldn't do media.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Locky was held up as a stoic, morally faultless, football god which is something that no one could actually live up to. It’s hard for us to accept that off the field he’s just an average guy - flaws and all.

The Darren Lockyer that existed in my childhood memory was a Santa Claus.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Locky was held up as a stoic, morally faultless, football god which is something that no one could actually live up to. It’s hard for us to accept that off the field he’s just an average guy - flaws and all.

The Darren Lockyer that existed in my childhood memory was a Santa Claus.
I don't think anyone is genuinely disappointed in Darren. He's just been part of a board that has overseen our worst run ever. It's not all his fault but for a guy that spewed excellence on the field it's a bit of a fall from grace for him.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
I don't think anyone is genuinely disappointed in Darren. He's just been part of a board that has overseen our worst run ever. It's not all his fault but for a guy that spewed excellence on the field it's a bit of a fall from grace for him.
I just don’t believe he can be effective as both board member and rugby league commentator at the same time.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
I just don’t believe he can be effective as both board member and rugby league commentator at the same time.
On the field it was almost as if he could have a million moves planned out and pull the trigger on the right one almost every time.

When he’s commentating, he sounds like he can barely articulate one clear message.

It’s anyone’s guess if he’s any better in the boardroom.

Unread

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • Mr Fourex
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Waynesaurus
  • Battler
  • FACTHUNT
  • leon.bott
  • Harry Sack
  • Rambstien
  • sooticus
  • Totally Unr3al
  • bb_gun
  • Justwin
  • Manofoneway
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.