NEWS Lodge deal gets NRL approval

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
180417 lodge

Controversial Broncos prop Matt Lodge gets NRL approval to sign new contract with Brisbane

July 31, 2018

Source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news for Lodge and the Broncos, can't wait for the whinging brigade to come out in force again.

Super happy. The guy is a star, and the reaction to his return while deserved to some degree, was ridiculously overblown and hypocritical.

The thing that has impressed me most about Lodge is his temperament. I was really concerned he would be a hot head liability, but the guy just puts his head down and works. No real stupid stuff, no arguing refs, no real niggle with opposition. Doesn't get sucked into the stupid stuff at all. Really impressed.

The thing that has impressed me most about Lodge is his temperament. I was really concerned he would be a hot head liability, but the guy just puts his head down and works. No real stupid stuff, no arguing refs, no real niggle with opposition. Doesn't get sucked into the stupid stuff at all. Really impressed.
You're not wrong. He appears the calmest man on the field at times (including the refs) yet always seems to have a good run in him.
His onfield persona reminds me of webke (or maybe it's the hair colour). Hes got a long way before he reaches those dizzying heights but he's shown nothing but a professional attitude on the field and off with us. I hope he finishes his career with us the way he has started with us and may it be a long one.

He’s the best prop we have had in a while and I hope he stays for the rest of his career.

Apparently according to Kent one of the reasons the Broncos are trying to get rid of Bennett is because of the Broncos fans uproar about signing Matt Lodge.

There was hardly any.

Who was it that claimed the Broncos will only offer him a one year deal? Name and shame these moron “journalists”.

I wish it was a bigger deal, he's got so much potential.

Glad to hear it. The media are slapping themselves on the back while saying the Broncos handled it poorly. Haha no the Broncos have treated this youngman very professionally. Have supported his growth as a person and helped him stay on the right path. The Broncos have never done anything that wasn't in Lodges interests. They should be commended in helping rehabilitate Lodge.

Apparently according to Kent one of the reasons the Broncos are trying to get rid of Bennett is because of the Broncos fans uproar about signing Matt Lodge.

There was hardly any.

It is bullshit. The only ‘fans’ that caused an uproar are they ones that had a microphone shoved in their face and didn’t want to look bad in front of the missus and the white knighters on Facebook.

Does every Matt Lodge article need to start with ‘controversal’? For ***** sake, we get it already.
Ha ha ha, fucking exactly! I was about to write the exact thing and you've saved me the trouble. What is the time frame for the description, I mean does it have an expiry date? He hasn't been controversial, quite the opposite in fact. He has been in the past but why doesn't every article start with 'controversial criminal Russell Packer' when discussing that thugs activities?

Ha ha ha, fucking exactly! I was about to write the exact thing and you've saved me the trouble. What is the time frame for the description, I mean does it have an expiry date? He hasn't been controversial, quite the opposite in fact. He has been in the past but why doesn't every article start with 'controversial criminal Russell Packer' when discussing that thugs activities?
**thug's

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • levikaden
  • heartly87
  • NSW stables
  • Gaz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bucking Beads
  • spanky
  • Hoof Hearted
  • bert_lifts
  • Fozz
  • marw
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.