NEWS Lodge deal gets NRL approval

Me too mate, me too.

I didn't want him here. Someone like Roberts, who just needed a guiding hand, I was all for. But a deadshit thug who thinks drawing naughty words on his arm makes him tough, that's not for the Broncos.

Not to drag this in to another Bennett argument, but his work with Lodge alone shows why he is the best coach ever. Add in what he's done with turning Roberts' life around, and what he's done for so many other players that may not have reached the same heights in league, but were able to turn their life around simply as men, I'd take him 10 times before a vulture like Bellamy.

The media will claim that Bellamy takes down on their luck footballers as well, but all he does is take journeymen (AKA average players who are unwanted so are cheap as chips but still NRL standard) and teach them how to wrestle and defend in their structure because he knows Smith and his supporting staff are going to win him games themselves. Cannot wait until that club is exposed after Smith retires.

Last edited:
I value gender equality and children's rights as much as anyone, so would anyone on here I would imagine. You don't need to come out and proclaim this like some kind of hero. I also don't think that you can hold this over Lodge like he doesn't respect those things over a terrible, disgusting mistake he made 3 years ago when he has made every effort to change his life and be a better person.

I stand by my opinion that a large majority of the outspoken fans against him are white knighters and cucks.

Cucks? lol, god you suck.

N
I value gender equality and children's rights as much as anyone, so would anyone on here I would imagine. You don't need to come out and proclaim this like some kind of hero. I also don't think that you can hold this over Lodge like he doesn't respect those things over a terrible, disgusting mistake he made 3 years ago when he has made every effort to change his life and be a better person.

I stand by my opinion that a large majority of the outspoken fans against him are white knighters and cucks.

Your use of those terms says everything.

Let's get the narrative on this one correct. What he did was repugnant. Traumatised a family including a woman and child. The process around why he was let back in and others werent seemed inconsistent. That was the problem. Nrl was hopeless in managing this. Greenberg is really out of his depth.The Broncos could also been better in explaining their decisions to fans too. Media did not explain that Todd Carney refused to agree to NRL conditions over numerous years and this was why he was being shut out. What Lodge did was way worse but he complied over a sustained period of time. I did not want him at the club. To be honest, it still sits a bit uneasily with me. Him trying to rev up the crowd after his try a couple of weeks ago was an awkward moment that shows fans are still not 100% on the issue. However, he complied with the process he was given by the NRL, including paying victims, an so far hasn't put a foot wrong. If he does he will be out for good. Good on him for turning his life around.

But let's not say that people only objected to his signing to look good in front of our wives. I objected because I value gender equality and the rights of children. Not because I want to impress my wife but because I think these are more important than rugby league. It's great that these isuses are being vigorously debated because some of the rugby league community have some outdated and backward views. Matt Lodge might have also made a positive contribution to the discussion by his rehabilitation.

The process around why he was let back in and others weren't, did not seem inconsistent to anybody who made the even the smallest effort to look at and understand each situation.

I think I'll leave it there.i do not think you and I will ever agree on this issue. No point going back and forth. Happy to agree to disagree.

Th
The process around why he was let back in and others weren't, did not seem inconsistent to anybody who made the even the smallest effort to look at and understand each situation.

This was in reference to Carney but I take your point.

I think I'll leave it there.i do not think you and I will ever agree on this issue. No point going back and forth. Happy to agree to disagree.

If you are going to call someone out and have a go at them, you should at least make it clear what you are having a go about.

It says you're wanted back on 4chan with the rest of the scum. I seriously often question how old you are.

Never been on 4chan and I'm 35, if you wanted to know this you just needed to ask.

I have not personally had a go at you or anyone, simply gave my opinion. If you can't handle that maybe the internet isn't the right place for you.

Guys, just drop it.

All I will say B4L, you need to look up where that word is used. I assure you, you're using a word on the incorrect side of the fence that you sit.

Never been on 4chan and I'm 35, if you wanted to know this you just needed to ask.

I have not personally had a go at you or anyone, simply gave my opinion. If you can't handle that maybe the internet isn't the right place for you.

Anyway, how good has Lodge been this year - disapproval of white knights and, lol, cucks, notwithstanding. I voiced my disagreement early on, on principal (Broncos aren't a rehab clinic) but he's proved the doubters wrong and been our best, most consistent forward all year.

EDIT: Stick to topic please

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m glad he’s stayed on just to enjoy the butt hurt from the self righteous brigade.

I would have loved to have seen Rebecca Wilson’s rants about this

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • levikaden
  • heartly87
  • NSW stables
  • Gaz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bucking Beads
  • spanky
  • Hoof Hearted
  • bert_lifts
  • Fozz
  • marw
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.