NEWS Lodge out for season

The results speak for themselves. Honestly, the misdiagnosis' and miscalculation of recovery times have been amateur on numerous occasions.

Milford tweaks a hammy, they make him play with a sleeve on his hamstring, injures it further.. expected to miss 6-8 weeks, back in 3 weeks, re-injuries the hammy.. likely to need surgery, they bring him back to training the week after for him to test it out, re-aggravates it again, out for season.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's literally the timeline of events.

Is Lodge still having to pay the $2million (give or take) to the New York family? Or did the NRL let the Broncos pay it for him?

Suppose I can give him a pass if he's been running around on a broken leg lol.

Milford tweaks a hammy, they make him play with a sleeve on his hamstring, injures it further.. expected to miss 6-8 weeks, back in 3 weeks, re-injuries the hammy.. likely to need surgery, they bring him back to training the week after for him to test it out, re-aggravates it again, out for season.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's literally the timeline of events.

Sometimes, desperation can lead to great feats or, as in this case, Milford and Lodge, to such stupid, stupid mistakes. As posted above, our strength, fitness and medical staff in general need a big wake up call for next season.

Is Lodge still having to pay the $2million (give or take) to the New York family? Or did the NRL let the Broncos pay it for him?

It wasn’t $2m, the court ordered him pay $1.6m, which he was unable to pay. A confidential settlement was agreed between the parties (ie: lesser obviously, based on his inability to pay that amount).

He subsequently took out a personal loan to pay the settlement amount, himself in one hit.

Whether the Broncos acted as guarantors for that loan or not, I am uncertain...

Last edited:
A lot of people have put this poor bloke down this year and even wanted him gone and I think that's low blow on him. We have missed him this year especially his go forward and little offloads that we don't see often, from Haas or offa.

It fucking better be
Richest club the comp and we have some absolute spuds running our medical team currently with the **** ups they are making

They are an absolute joke. I reckon Oates injury went something like this:

Coach: How is he? I heard it is a compound fracture of the leg
Doctor: Umm yep, looks like it to me.
Some Random walking past: If it is a compound fracture, shouldn't there be bone sticking out?
Doctor: Umm maybe but shut up I'm the professional here and I heard his diagnosis by the commentary team! So that is what we are going with.

A lot of the players seem to have a shitty attitude but if they decided to boycott until a new medical staff was brought in I’d support them on that.

Massive overhaul needed right throughout the club.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • whykickamoocow
  • Ondi
  • porouian
  • broncotville
  • Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • Tim K
  • Fitzy
  • Socnorb
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.