LOLZ @ Michael Phelps

Jeba said:
But the example above - he gains 0.22 metres/second, while I only gain 0.156.

Yeah but the times quoted in your example are quite likely wrong. You don't know what you would gain by wearing the suit, seeing as you have never worn it. You would likely gain a lot more than .156 of a second.

Flutterby said:
Jeba said:
But the example above - he gains 0.22 metres/second, while I only gain 0.156.

Yeah but the times quoted in your example are quite likely wrong. You don't know what you would gain by wearing the suit, seeing as you have never worn it. You would likely gain a lot more than .156 of a second.

But because his time is exponentially decreasing with the aid of the suits and so is Phelps', Phelps is always going to have a greater reduction in his times. So even if both Jeb and Phelps wear the suit Phelps is going to gain a bigger margin.

FTR I think these suits that create extra bounancy (the jaked suits and i forget the other brands) are ridiculous. What's more ridiculous is that FINA is allowing these records to be broken, they won't be touched for ages once they ban the suits.

Frankly they are performance enhancing and no different to steroids, hgh or epo.

Hrmmm, in light of today's events I wonder if this thread should be culled too....

Coxy said:
Hrmmm, in light of today's events I wonder if this thread should be culled too....

I don't know what you're talking about... [icon_shru [icon_wink

Coxy said:
OK, then the same should apply to training facilities. Some of the poor countries don't have adequate weights setups, gyms etc. Weights training should be banned. It should just be their natural ability to swim.

And in sprinting, they should all run bare foot. It's not fair that the Yanks get scientifically engineered Nikes while people in Outer Transylgolia wear gutted squirrel carcasses.

If you're going to argue about an even playing field then you have to go the whole way.

And if they ban suits now, then any world records won in the past 4-5 years using those suits should be stricken from the books, because they'll never be matched.

Ilove my gutted squirrel carcasses though, so comfy. :D Pity about the smell though

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.