Lote back to the Broncos?

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
So is Hodges setting himself up for a post-footy career as a Recruitment Officer? If he is, someone better tell him quick that you're meant to wine and dine the young guys (and their parents), not the oldies.

I wouldn't mind seeing Lote back in the Broncos colours for the right price (being MUCH MUCH less than what he was on in union and less than what he was on when he left us), but I really don't see it happening.

B

broncosil

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
Kaz said:
ARU sacked him after the 30th June deadline for League. (smart move on their part)

Though the rule states that under exceptional circumstances a player can be registered after June 30

Correct me if I am wrong, I thought they removed that deadline a couple of years ago?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
No, Kaz is right. June 30 is the deadline for registering a contract for the current season. Hence the rush to get Tunza back.

The deadline you're thinking of is the "anti tampering" deadline - ie, players couldn't negotiate with another club until after June 30. Which was pointless because no such deadline applied to the ESL or Union - hence the paranoia of the exodus.

W

Webcke

NYC Player
Mar 13, 2008
Please God, yes. I met him when the Wallabies came to Canberra, we did a training session with em. He was the nicest bloke.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
We already have one overpriced winger, don't need another.

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Please, God, NO!

1. Hoffman
2. Winterstein
3. Hodges
4. Folau
5. Michaels/Yow Yeh

Absolutely fine IMO.

Let's use the money that comes up from the departure of Hunt to buy a prop or two! No more farking wingers or second rowers, please!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Nobody has taken up my comment :P I have no problem with signing Tuqiri if the plan is to bulk him up, toughen him up and play him in the forwards.

A

azza79

NYC Player
Sep 16, 2008
Coxy said:
Nobody has taken up my comment :P I have no problem with signing Tuqiri if the plan is to bulk him up, toughen him up and play him in the forwards.

Could he not slot into our backrow as is at the moment? Surely he is tough enough to fit in there??

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Coxy said:

I doubt very much whether a million dollar thoroughbred would allow himself to be talked into coming back to work as a draughthorse for 1/4 the number of bales of hay a year :roll: [icon_lol1.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Well then thanks but no thanks. We have ample supply of younger players in the backline. His services are not required.

A

Abe The Cop

QCup Player
Mar 13, 2008
We'd have to reintroduce him to the ball. He's probably forgotten what it looks like.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
^
hahaha!

I loved Lote I must admit. He has openly admitted over the years he loved league but played and stayed in yawnion for the mula - he didn't sugar coat nothing. Something I half-disliked him for when I was younger but I must admit am more understanding about as I got older.

He has to take a 350k-ish paycut to return to league or more. It's up to him. Would love to see him back in league but wouldn't lose sleep if he didn't. Fair enough? I reckon most think the same way to be honest.

B

badav

BRL Player
Apr 12, 2008
Webcke said:
He could be a damaging back rower.
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Sure he could. if your definition of a damaging backrower is someone who does 5 hit ups and makes 6 tackles a game.

Because thats all you'll ever get out of Tuquiri. Hes a winger and would never have even close to the work rate required to play league in the backrow.

Active Now

• Jeza23
  • Mr Fourex
  • Waynesaurus
  • FACTHUNT
  • Galah
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • Alec
  • Morkel
  • MrMoore
  • Jazza
  • lynx000
  • Manofoneway
  • Mustafur
  • Old Mate
  • Fozz
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.