Manly v Storm - 2008 Grand Final - Pre/Post Game Disucssion

Yeh, I didn't watch last years GF thank god.
Won't be watchign this one either, will be at parklife. I'll just catch up on the score later.
05, 07, 08 --> boring GF.

Manly should win by quite a margin but the Storm are coming off a huge win so they well be confident.

I hate everything melbourne stands for so I cannot support them. It is with GREAT displeasure I announce my support for the Sea Eagles. But a large part of me thinks a choke is on the cards. Can't agree about some of the grand finals you guys are labeling as boring. I thought last years was pretty shit house, but that's because melbourne were always in control and never gunna lose it.
How good is it that the broncs are in the u20's g/f? I watched that game against the warriors last night and it was a beauty. The warriors had all the ball and all the size and all the momentum. But the true-believers never gave up and won it in the last minute, GREAT EFFORT.
And another thing, how is it possible Jahred Yow Yeh (or however the hell you spell it) didn't get a crack at first grade this year? Hoffman got a run which is fair enough, talented player. But Robinson? Yow Yeh showed all the toughness, defensive poise and potency you could ask for in a first grade winger. Star of the future.

Hammo said:
Flutterby said:
Agreee with Coxy and Hitman. I have never been less interested in a Grand Final in my life and really not sure I'll watch it. Will tune in for U20s then probably bail.

2001, 2003, 2004??? eusa_think

I didn't have a problem with any of those. In fat 2003 is one of my favourite GFs (along with 2005) apart from the Broncos ones - I was even there.

2004 is the only other grand final i didn't watch. Same as this year. Two teams completely and utterly evil.

I loved the 2004 grand final if only for listening to Roy & HG give it to hodges and walker all game (and deservedly so, they had shockers!). funniest 2 hours of radio I think I've heard.

lockyer47 said:
Won't be watchign this one either, will be at parklife. I'll just catch up on the score later.
Really? I thought 05 was a great grand final. Good to see two underdogs get in, and the Tigers played an awesome brand of footy back then.

Yeah, I enjoyed 2005, although not the result.
Enjoyed the 2003 GF and its result. Cracker of a game.
Enjoyed 2002 GF but not the result...first half was awesome.
2001 was enjoyable for seeing Parramatta get raped :P
2004: didn't watch
2007: pretty dull
2008: won't watch

My husband has a Ray Rabbits-esque love affair with Brett Stewart (the diabetes thing) and it makes me puke, so we will be having another rivalry this year...LOVED it last year when Stewart went off with concussion - LOL!!! Hoping it happens again!!!

2004 still makes me vomit, although I am really glad the Roosters didn't win!!!!

kyle93 said:
lockyer47 said:
Really? I thought 05 was a great grand final. Good to see two underdogs get in, and the Tigers played an awesome brand of footy back then.

Yes but I still think it was a funny year, both teams deserved to be there, but I can't help think what a cracker we might have had if the eels did end up taking on the dragons but they did not produce in the semi final. More so, I was very uninterested in either team winning, I just could not care less.
02 was a bit painful to watch obviosuly, but I was backing the warriors, would have loved to see them win. Wasn't to be.
03 was great, personally I think it was the best GF since the new millenium, of course 06 is special but 03 was a great game especially the finish.
04 was mediocre, decent game but who wanted either team to win? Mason yahooing or Gus gloating? Either way it was a two ticket ride to hell.
07: Didnt watch, still haven't and by the looks of it, manly were sodomised.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • barker
  • mrslong
  • Browny
  • Battler
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • BroncosAlways
  • Shane Tronc
  • Fozz
  • Broncorob
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • lakers133334
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • blacknwhite
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.