Marmin Barba

L

Lockyfan05

BRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
So I gather most of you will know by now that Ben Barba's brother, Marmin has signed a 2 year deal with the Broncos. What do you guys think of the move? Can Marmin make it like Ben, or at least make the team?

He obviously has a bit about him with what he's been through. fingers crossed he has a strong pre season and can push for a spot.

The ONLY concern I have is whether he's more family orientated, or potentially another EBC douchebag. But he'd be cheap, has loads of talent, fast as buggery, etc.

how fast is buggery exactly? [MENTION=8215]Morkel[/MENTION]

He's more than likely come to us on a pretty cheap contract, so no real dramas salary-cap wise there.

Hopefully he plays to potential here and doesn't suffer any more serious injuries.

I think we're pretty flush for backs now .... except the playmaker kind :rolleyes:

I haven't seen him play QLD cup before but he seemed to have some wraps on him. How good is he actualy, is he a player with potential or just overrated because of his the brother to Ben?

Just watched a the tweed vs easts game from last year that D Taylor was in. Marmin came off the bench in 14 and seemed to play a playmaker roll. Some nice passes, fast as **** and kicked a field goal to seal the match... certainly no slouch

Probably won't play first grade with Barba and Hoffman ahead of him

Just watched a the tweed vs easts game from last year that D Taylor was in. Marmin came off the bench in 14 and seemed to play a playmaker roll. Some nice passes, fast as **** and kicked a field goal to seal the match... certainly no slouch
Is buggery or **** faster?

Marmin is a halfback/five-eight if we don't get Milford he could slot in with a good pre season to five-eight.

It'll be good to at least have another option for 5/8

Pre-season trials are going to be pretty competitive you would expect :thumbup1:

i dont think he was bought to play first grade in 2014. maybe a few games depending how injuries go.

smart move though. hopefully the brothers enjoy being together, they might drive each other to be better players. obviously hodges has said he wants to mentor ben and would no doubt extend that to marmin (and other juniors). to me its all about creating a better environment to thrive in.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.