Maroons Origin III Squad

QLD need to improve their attack for the decider. The Maroons have scored 5 tries in this series, 3 being of kicks and 2 when having the extra man and all were scored in Uate's wing.

NSW need to improve their attack for the decider. The blues have scored 5 tries in this series, 3 being off kicks and 2 when having an extra man.

QLD need to improve their attack for the decider. The Maroons have scored 5 tries in this series, 3 being of kicks and 2 when having the extra man and all were scored in Uate's wing.

Ohh, id be a little bit more worried about your own gameplan if that was the case.

Last edited:
NSW need to improve their attack for the decider. The blues have scored 5 tries in this series, 3 being off kicks and 2 when having an extra man.

Of those 3 tries from kicks the Uate one was not actually a try as he knocked on before it hit Boyd and then he got it back and that try and one other from game 1 came directly from us dropping bombs we would routinely take.

Bottom line is, defense has ruled this series and the side that makes the mistakes (Jennings and Cronk getting sin-binned) or guys dropping bombs or giving away penalties (like Bird in game 1 although it wasn't really a penalty in Origin, it was still a moment where he gave the ref a choice to make a decision on a tackle that had an element of illegality to it). Those moments have won and changed the momentum in the matches, which is playing into NSW's hands because they have so few points in them. QLD desperately needs a dry track and at least an even first 20 minutes in territory and possession, if they get it they are every chance to put a few tries back to back and really make NSW play into their hands by being frustrated and desperate like they have so often been the last 6 years.

I reckon it's an oldie but true; we stick with them for the first 30 minutes (down by less than 2), we will win. No Lockyer will only become VERY evident if we need to chase bulk points.

I'm backing QLD 7+

we dont just need to stick with them for the first half hour, we need to actually do something in that first half hour. in both games this series we've come out of the blocks like we just didnt want to be there. our first sets of six have looked like it was the 75th minute and we were behind by 50, not 0-0 at the 1st minute.

No disrespect towards you AP but i think you're taking things a little too seriously, calm down and relax.

Last edited:
No disrespect towards you AP but i think you're taking things a little too seriously, calm down and relax.

Welcome to the forum. AP is QLD's equivalent of The Rock come Origin time. Completely over the top and irrational :P

However, on this occasion he's correct. Queensland has started slow the last 2 games and it's been costly. We NEED to get out of the blocks quickly this time, assert some authority early. Even if it doesn't mean a lot of points, just being in control will be enough to put some doubt in the minds of NSW.

If NSW get the early running it's crucial QLD repels them. I keep thinking back to the 2005 decider at Suncorp. Queensland absolutely dominated the first 10 minutes. Set after set on their line. Couldn't crack them.

NSW led 2-0 after 20 minutes.
They led 32-0 after 60.

I think the weight of previous series losses by QLD vs the confidence of previous series by NSW was the difference. When QLD had all the early running and nothing to show for it, they cracked.

The same could be the case this year. If NSW have all the early running, but QLD don't crack and in fact score first, then I think NSW may well crumble.

I certainly hope mal has our forwards really amped up for this .... as has been stated, they've been pretty much outplayed the last two games, and will need to really lift to repel the confident Bloos pack.

I think NSW will really miss Glen Stewart if he doesn't play. He's the real ballplaying option in their pack and if he isn't there, they might be forced to play a simpler style than they'd like.

All depends how quickly our forwards can get up in their face though.

AP is right - did look like they wanted to be some where else, definitely not what we're used to seeing. I thought it might have even been a strategy of Mal's in game 1, let NSW tire themselves out and then to come home hard at the end of the halves, which kind of worked... but that might just be me justifying.. don't know. Certainly didn't work in game 2 though.

In Game 1 you could tell QLD players were still feeling effects of the flu that went through the camp. NSW played pretty well, but like they had the previous 6 years - without aggression. We were simply outplayed in Game 2. NSW were as aggressive as they have been in the past 7 years. They made QLD rush their last plays and were very physical. It didn't help QLD's cause that they were walking injured. In saying all that QLD came home strongly and only lost the game by 4 points. I don't think the crowd at Suncorp will allow the Blues players to get away with rubbing QLD faces in the turf after every tackle. It will be a totally different atmosphere and as long as QLD are in touch with 10 to go thery are a massive chance. Let's give credit where it's due. NSW were massive last game and if they play similar in game 3 they are a big chance. The one positive for QLD is they haven't played well at all, all series and have won 1 and only lost by 4 in the other. If everything clicks they have the experience and the class to get the job done.

calm down and relax? what did i say that indicated i was anything but?

calm down and relax? what did i say that indicated i was anything but?

Im not worried at all for this series decider i've been boasting this would be an QLD victory for awhile now, NSW will have to take it up one or two more paces to beat this Maroon side theres just too big a gap between them. There's no shame in acting cocky when you know the result is 100% obvious.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Brotherdu
  • Sproj
  • Midean
  • Wolfie
  • porouian
  • Ondi
  • Scdeac
  • BroncosAlways
  • Johnny92
  • TimWhatley
  • mitch222
  • Broncorob
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.