Matt Gillett

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Does anybody remember when he knocked it on but kicked it and scored a field goal only to be denied because he “didn’t intentionally” kick a field goal? Just seeing the posts on Facebook with Ponga’s kick, seems hypocritical.

I’ll be fucked if I know when and where to find it.

1st half of the Round 6 2012 game vs Tigers.

Might be able to dig up old footage of it.

Does anybody remember when he knocked it on but kicked it and scored a field goal only to be denied because he “didn’t intentionally” kick a field goal? Just seeing the posts on Facebook with Ponga’s kick, seems hypocritical.

I’ll be fucked if I know when and where to find it.

yet Billy Slater at Lang Park dropped the ball, kicked it on the first bounce and was awarded a try. despite the fact that his "drop kick" wasn't even in the same direction as the posts

I actually don’t remember this one
Any footage would be cool
I do remember when he was sin binned erroneously where the ref apologised but wouldn’t reverse the decision

yet Billy Slater at Lang Park dropped the ball, kicked it on the first bounce and was awarded a try. despite the fact that his "drop kick" wasn't even in the same direction as the posts
Shit me to bloody tears.

If you could dig up the cottage though would be much appreciated, can’t recall it properly and I’m either googling like a special or can’t seem to find it.

Must have been pissed, Pongas ball didn’t touch the ground. 😂

Even worse, it was the second bounce. Someone here posted the still frames back in the day.

Benji scored a try off a “drop kick” on around the 50m line, where he miss kicked it, it bounced and touched hit foot and somehow landed in his hands where he then ran and scored. Sometime around 2010

Edit: found it

Outrageous that this was anything other than a knock on 😂

He did get his foot on the ball....?

19:05 @Super Freak

Hodges makes a big break down the right hand-side, tries to link up with Gillett who spills it 20m out and kicks it away in frustration.

Funny how you remember things. The way that I pictured it, it happened right on the half-time siren with the defence slackening off, Gillett spilling it cold 30-40m out before kicking it over.
Outrageous that this was anything other than a knock on
That was instantly what I thought of with the Slater kick. Except with the Marshall one, he may have grazed it with his heel but for all intents and purposes it's a knock on.

Even the Marshall example didn't shock me and I remember Kurt Gidley setting up a similar try to Billy down the northern end, probably some time in 2006-07.

Then this year you had Parramatta challenge that Moses had in fact knocked on, instead of kicking the ball against the Bulldogs to get a better result.

Here's a good thread for you newer fans. Refs hating us isn't a new thing. It was happening 10 years ago. Hell Greg McCallum was destroying us 30 years ago.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Alec
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.