Matty Johns and MG think we are smokies for the premiership

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
NRL 2015 Season Predictions Grill Team Sydney Matty Johns, Mark Geyer, Gus Worland | Triple M NRL

Call it the pointless machinations of a couple of retired footballers masquerading as radio presenters, call it what you like, but here we have two figureheads in Rugby League, in Sydney I might add, saying that we're smokies for the premiership (Johns) and that we'll make the top 4 (Geyer). So it is obvious that our profile on the footy landscape is changing dramatically this season.

Dare to dream.

Smokies?

We're the goddamn mother fuckin favourites with Darius back.

It'll be an uphill battle with the props the Broncos have to be a premiership winning team IMO.

If we finished 8th with the nuffies we had this year, as well as Griffin as coach.. we should be $1.01 to make the top 4

I didn't think the Roosters were anywhere near a chance before 2013 started, and then I saw what happened.

I don't think we are a chance now either, but our success will depend on the front row all playing to their full potential, the defence improving dramatically from last year, Hunt developing a game besides just standing on the blind side and dummying, and McCullough improving his service 3 fold.

IMO all other teams except the broncos are weaker in 2015 than 2014

Anything less than an 8th place finish next year will be a failure without any question. We've made a couple of very good signings and finally have found a halves pairing we can stick with so there is every chance of improving. Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst is the go. Remember Bennett went to Newcastle in 2012 with great expectations but failed miserably.

Matty Johns said we are smokies?

Well...now we are wooden spoon favourites..

I think we can finish in the top 4.

Last edited:
People said the same things in 2012.

I remember Gould saying that in 2011, but I think he just forgot that Lockyer was retiring. Can't blame him if that was the case, it felt surreal, and Lockyer didn't even look like slowing down yet (in terms of what he offered, not speed).

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Old Mate
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • phoenix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.