Melbourne Storm - who have they lost?

The Storm have lost quite a few players but none of them have been in key positions. Thye have kept the same 1,7 and 9 for like 5 years. They have lost a few forwards and the odd back none of the players were irreplaceable. They have a good team game plan also not that it is good to watch.

The Rock said:
Jazza said:
It's either a big feat or they're cheating the cap. There's no in between. I think and hope it's the former for the sake of the expansion of our game.

Why?

Slater, Inglis, Smith and Cronk are all on big money.

Lima, Blair, Johnson don't even do anything flash hot, they are no nonsense type forwards who are coached well - they wouldn't be on much.

Who else???

Let's STOP the speculation about whether they are over the cap or simply loyal to the club. It's DOWNRIGHT STUPID and holds zero value whatsoever.

How on earth did we keep Lockyer, Wallace, Folau, Hunt, Clinton and Thaiday and stay under the cap? Huh? It's the same shit, different smell.

Agreed. Broncos must have been over the cap for the past 10 years if that's the theory we're using.

By the way, I'm not in any way speculating about whether they're under the cap or not. I'm just having a whinge about everyone (commentators) feeling sorry for them because "they've lost so many quality players" when, IMO, they haven't.

The Rock said:
Jazza said:
It's either a big feat or they're cheating the cap. There's no in between. I think and hope it's the former for the sake of the expansion of our game.

Why?

Slater, Inglis, Smith and Cronk are all on big money.

Lima, Blair, Johnson don't even do anything flash hot, they are no nonsense type forwards who are coached well - they wouldn't be on much.

Who else???

Let's STOP the speculation about whether they are over the cap or simply loyal to the club. It's DOWNRIGHT STUPID and holds zero value whatsoever.

How on earth did we keep Lockyer, Wallace, Folau, Hunt, Clinton and Thaiday and stay under the cap? Huh? It's the same shit, different smell.

I probably could have explained myself better. I don't think they're cheating the cap. I was merely pointing out that they've done very well in their selection of player recruitment/retention. The proof is in the pudding - they're the first side to make four consecutive grand finals in over twenty years. To suggest that the fact that they haven't been bitten overly hard by the salary cap wasn't through their own good management, implies to me that people think that there are other factors at play. That's what I was getting at.

Our club copped similar criticisms particularly in the late 90s-early 2000s. What I'm saying is they've done very well to have stayed up so long through very good management. They've locked up the players most important to them long term and are able to overcome the inevitable loss of other players through good recruitment and player identification.

Bellamy is by so far and away the best coach in the NRL currently it isn't funny (on current form not overall because clearly WB has the career record to beat everyone twice). He has bent the rules to wrestle sides into submission and despite crackdowns they tweak the style to slow it down but in a different way. Their recruitment is second to none, they have kept the players you can't replace and let the guys they have made into rep players in non-key positions go when they have needed upgrades to keep the spine of the team together. To make 4 GF's in a row under the salary cap is an extrodinary achievement and they should be applauded for the brilliant way they have coached and managed this side over the past 4 years (regardless of the style they play).

The Rock said:
Melbourne are cheats. They are not a rugby league team.

They are the most boring team in the comp to watch, some old shit every week.

Hate how all of their forwards hit the line then submit in the tackle so they can get quick play the balls. Hate how they "wrestle" on the ground and some how get away with it every week. They have the ability to hold down players in the tackle better than anyone else. They grapple, and they "wrestle" like bitches. Hate it.

Yes, they seem to get away with so much more than most teams. I love how we didn't get a penalty until the 55th minutes. There is no way in hell they had a perfect game. Apart from constantly laying on top of us, their second marker was always offside.

Definitely the most boring team to watch.

The Gymp said:
Bellamy is by so far and away the best coach in the NRL currently it isn't funny (on current form not overall because clearly WB has the career record to beat everyone twice). He has bent the rules to wrestle sides into submission and despite crackdowns they tweak the style to slow it down but in a different way. Their recruitment is second to none, they have kept the players you can't replace and let the guys they have made into rep players in non-key positions go when they have needed upgrades to keep the spine of the team together. To make 4 GF's in a row under the salary cap is an extrodinary achievement and they should be applauded for the brilliant way they have coached and managed this side over the past 4 years (regardless of the style they play).

Yes he is the best coach going but why can't he coach his team to play RUGBY LEAGUE and not wrestling. Honetsly it just is not right the way the Storm are destroying the product that is Rugby League.

Melbourne push the boundaries, their tactics are spot on and that's why they always win.

I don't like it myself and it is pretty ugly, but it gets them the result.

They wont lose too many from this year either Lima, Turner, Chambers and they already have Proctor, Tandy (who has been ultra impressive off the bench) Manu and Tolman ready to come into the top 17.

With the age of Slater, Smith, Johnson, Inglis and Cronk only injury can stop them from being up there again next year.

Dexter said:
They wont lose too many from this year either Lima, Turner, Chambers and they already have Proctor, Tandy (who has been ultra impressive off the bench) Manu and Tolman ready to come into the top 17.

With the age of Slater, Smith, Johnson, Inglis and Cronk only injury can stop them from being up there again next year.

They have had an awesome run with inury for there top line players though. I mean Inglis has missed a few but other than that nothing.

Once again the lack of injuries although lucky says alot about the managment of the football club, they are such a fit side and they obviously are very well served in the physio/doctor/conditioning department.

Yeah, was talking to some friends on Sat night about that, they have had their share of luck.

The Gymp said:
Once again the lack of injuries although lucky says alot about the managment of the football club, they are such a fit side and they obviously are very well served in the physio/doctor/conditioning department.

Very well run club for sure but Luck certainly plays a part in injuries IMO. Look at Wallace and his ankle and Lockyer when he did his Knee in 2007.

The Rock said:
Melbourne are cheats. They are not a rugby league team.

They are the most boring team in the comp to watch, some old shit every week.

Hate how all of their forwards hit the line then submit in the tackle so they can get quick play the balls. Hate how they "wrestle" on the ground and some how get away with it every week. They have the ability to hold down players in the tackle better than anyone else. They grapple, and they "wrestle" like bitches. Hate it.

The thing that I always have at the back of my mind is how much has gone their way in the hope of building the game in Melbourne - as opposed to Brisbane, where we had to fight and struggle to become the powerhouse that we are.

I hate Bellamy and what he has turned our once beautiful game into, she used to be so beautiful, but what man would want her now?

As a rugby league fan, they are the most frustrating team to have to watch, and in most case, I cannot bring myself to watch them most of the time - :mad: :mad: :mad: - hate those Melbourne players!

The Rock said:
Melbourne shouldn't even be in the comp.

4 GF in a row and the people of Melbourne STILL don't know who they are. Media barely give a shit and their crowds haven't improved THAT much. Flogging a dead horse down there. Imagine what's going to happen when they start losing more games than they win? They haven't really had that problem since entering the comp, so it'll be a big challenge for them. Hope they're making as much ground as they can now.

I was thinking about this today actually and it's pretty sad. 4 Grand finals in a row.... when was the last time a team managed that. And Rugby league has sweet **** all to show for it. The NRL should look at expanding the game to the NT and out to Perth before they become too dominated by that turd of a sport AFL as well.

I'd rather Newcastle didn't make four grand finals in a row. The place would go mental, i don't think i'd be able to handle it.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • Aldo
  • Stix
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Justwin
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Financeguy
  • whykickamoocow
  • Maddy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.